New Seek Outside Pack- preview

Dkd

FNG
Used it for 3 days last weekend, first SO pack. I didn't spend enough time fitting it before we left so I paid the price with load in and especially load out (somehow dad got all the extra's...) today I spent some time with it after talking with Brad at Argali and I shortened the torso length way up and it's riding much better!
Each day hunting I compressed to just the 2 pockets and I hardly noticed it was there. The pockets though big are so flexible for storage. I hung 2 pouches on 1 side which make access very simple on the trail and in camp, put the bladder on opposite side (use secondary straps to keep bladder from flopping inside) an interior mesh pocket for bladder might be a good idea, slide in butt pad, pullover still lots of room for spotter etc. added 2 belt pouches which worked great. They were perfect for easy grab snack or two, headlight, leathermen, chapstick, phone etc, all those little things I hate pulling pack off to get too.

I got this pack last week and tested it against an Exo and a Kifaru. Overall comfort of the SO was far superior. I love the design, light weight, and large volume. One thing Brad's video doesn't show is that this pack has an internal load shelf. I used it for training with an 80lb sand bag. It is a legit feature that works incredibly well. For me, the combination of comfort and functionality has me sold on this pack for both short or long trips.

Dunky

WKR
Classified Approved
I really like the looks of these packs but I have concerns about all of the tan color on them. I hunt some areas of thick cover in rifle season and try to avoid colors that may give some yahoo a glimpse of a tan patch.

AXEL

WKR
That has been my major concern with them, as well. I live/hunt in BC, where most hunting of Elk is in very dense timber and I have known of several lethal shootings of hunters due to errors in identification. So, I have hesitated in buying one and hope to see some colour options offered by SO.

I've had a couple months to train with this pack and am very pleased with it. Did a 5 mile climb yesterday with 105 lbs and it distributed the load very well. I personally love the simplicity of the design and the inner meat/load shelf is an outstanding feature. Also had a great buying experience with the guys at Argali Outdoors. I had a qc issue and they worked with SO until it was resolved. Very solid guys.

That has been my major concern with them, as well. I live/hunt in BC, where most hunting of Elk is in very dense timber and I have known of several lethal shootings of hunters due to errors in identification. So, I have hesitated in buying one and hope to see some colour options offered by SO.

I'd just use a blaze orange talon or strap a vest on it.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Here is a few little tips I put together

[video=youtube_share;XgvuRwkSqqI]https://youtu.be/XgvuRwkSqqI[/video]

TraskI

Lil-Rokslider
Here is a few little tips I put together

[video=youtube_share;XgvuRwkSqqI]https://youtu.be/XgvuRwkSqqI[/video]
This looks like the perfict pack for me! Waterproof, and camo, which is needed where I live and hunt. Only issue is I don't see camo being available. Do you have plans for another run of camo? I plan on using this pack for Turkey (Camo required) & all other hunting. Any chance camo might be available by April????

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
This looks like the perfict pack for me! Waterproof, and camo, which is needed where I live and hunt. Only issue is I don't see camo being available. Do you have plans for another run of camo? I plan on using this pack for Turkey (Camo required) & all other hunting. Any chance camo might be available by April????

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Stay tuned for news on that front very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking on the SO website, you have to use either then 2" or 4" frame extensions for the Brooks? Unlike their other pack models, which give you the option of just using the 24" frame by itself. Am I understanding this correctly?

Just curious because I have a shorter torso and the 24" hits the sweet spot for me. I like the looks of the Brooks a lot, but don't think I would want to hunt with a 26" frame.

duchntr

WKR
Looking on the SO website, you have to use either then 2" or 4" frame extensions for the Brooks? Unlike their other pack models, which give you the option of just using the 24" frame by itself. Am I understanding this correctly?

Just curious because I have a shorter torso and the 24" hits the sweet spot for me. I like the looks of the Brooks a lot, but don't think I would want to hunt with a 26" frame.

No you don't need to use those extenders. The stock length of the frame is 24" with no extenders. Id add the 2" extenders in case you aren't getting good lift under load.

Rossi

Lil-Rokslider
I've been running my Brooks without the extenders training with 50 lbs and it works just fine. If I was putting more weight in, I would add the 2 inch extenders.