Nomad 2 with Kuiu dry bag between wings

Thinking of going dry bag between the wings and was looking at the Kuiu Taku 3000 which has the zipper down the middle. I figure this might be better to access items vs. the roll top. Anyone ever try the bag or think it will fit/mount between the wings well?

Thanks.

oldgoat

WKR
Never seen the kuiu dry sack but the 78L camp bag from Kifaru and and the 35 and 55L dry bags from Outdoor Research fit well if that helps.

OP
C
Yeah want a dry bag but like the zip of the camp bag. Trying to find the best of both worlds. Can't wait for my pack to come!

Bughalli

WKR
I don't think I'll get around to it before hunting season, but I was thinking about the exact same setup. Be sure to post how you like it once you've taken it in the field a few times.

colonel00

WKR
Just my opinion but anything with a zipper is not waterproof. So, I'd still have my bag/quilt and puffy stuff (and possibly clothes) in truly waterproof bags. Just kinda negates the need for a water resistant outer bag. Yeah, other pack material can soak up some water and other stuff in the pack might get wet but I'd rather deal with that than a heavy water resistant bag. That KUIU bag just seems kinda heavy for only 3000 cu in.

oldgoat

WKR
Just looked at their website, the 3k model would work but unless your in some seriously wet conditions a camp bag would be a lighter option if you want the zipper. Lot of the weight on it would be shed though if you took off the shoulder straps!

WoodBow

WKR
I will be running the camp bag with my nomad. I considered an OR bag mainly for cost savings but ultimately picked up a used camp bag for not much more. I know it will be more durable long term. My quilt is about all i am concerned about getting wet. I will just use a small lightweight dry sack as a stuff sack for it.