Empty Pack Weight

Anyone weigh their pack setup empty? I was a bit surprised when I weighed mine for this fall and plan on making some modifications to reduce this as much as possible...

Kifaru Duplex Frame with a Reckoning bag, guide lid, chamber pocket and two medium pouches came in at 8.62lbs.

Let's hear what yours is...

machinethomas

Lil-Rokslider
I've got an UL 26" frame with a Large belt, Argali bag, guide lid, two medium belt pouches, chamber pocket, and a Nalgene pocket, puts me a bit over 6 lbs. I think it's in the ballpark of 105-110 oz. so 6.5 lbs. I could cut a pound by losing the lid and belt pouches but the organization is worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniel_M

WKR
I'm in the paces of packing for sheep, 99% of my gear is already packed into kit mode(grab n go pull-outs).

SG 6900 w/ XCurve is 5.81lb.

Loaded up, 36.6lb in gear, 18lb in food. Add another 6lb for 3L of water, maybe 2L additional.

Last edited:

ljalberta

WKR
My 26" Hunting frame, mountain warrior, guide lid, small pocket, and nalgene pocket comes in at 7.31lbs.

OP
Nick Muche
I'm in the paces of packing for sheep, 99% of my gear is already packed into kit mode(grab n go pull-outs).

Bag is 5.81lb.

Loaded up, 36.6lb in gear, 18lb in food. Add another 6lb for 3L of water, maybe 2L additional.

What frame and bag are you using?

Just weighed mine last night empty. Also getting gear/food ready packing etc.
Kifaru duplex 26" with arrows, EMR, water bottle holder and med pocket...8.35lbs.
I think it would drop a little bit because it was wet with sweat when I weighed it...probably 8.2 or so.

SG Sky7400 and XCurve, with spotter pocket, lid, two large hip belt pockets, and Kifaru gun bearer= 95 oz. or 5.9 lbs.

Just bag, lid, and frame = 83 oz. or 5.2 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duchntr

WKR
Around 4lbs,its a Seek 6300. Id be willing to bet you could trim some weight of your set up. I had a duplex/hicamp and I trimmed a bit of weight of it by cutting off unneeded attachment points/buckles/zipper pulls/molle webbing etc.

EastMT

WKR
Barneys is 4 lbs 15 oz with alps commander bag at 2 lbs 6 oz, 7 lb 5 oz total including my aluminum bar alteration of the load shelf.

My notes say 4.6 lbs for a SG 7400 and older Krux

Heavily modded Barneys Pinnacle is 6.9 lbs.

Barneys Hunter was right around 8 lbs with the top bar and load shelf removed.

I've never added pockets, etc to any of them.

I'm at 6# 3oz.....

26" Kifaru Bikini frame with composite stays and medium belt, mini belt pouch, Nalgene pocket, and medium belt pouch, AMR (with all auto-locks), Guide Lid (straps removed).

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I probably don't want to know:
-kifaru 28" frame
-fulcrum pack
-2 medium pockets
(On order)
-native lid
-belt pouch
-nalgene bottle holder

I should probably order up one of those awesome stone glacier sky talus packs to compare it to.....just don't tell my wife.

bpctcb

WKR
I have a kifaru 26" hunter frame with aluminum stays. I'm running an EMR2 bag w/6 straps, guide lid and 5 belt pouches attached here & there. I knew it was heavy and I finally got around to weighing it. With a small kydex Glock holster on the pack belt it weighs 9# 6oz. That is heavy, but it doesn't bother me. That pack does EVERYTHING I want & need it to and I don't notice the extra 4-5# because it properly transfers the weight to my hips.

BP

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Right - Stone Glacier Sky Talus 6900 with X-Curve Frame 4 swing out pockets, 1 Camp Pocket and 1 Belt pouch 6 lbs 1 Ounce

Left - Seek Outside Unaweep 4800 with 1 Belt Pouch, Talon and the Lid 4 lbs 1 ounce

Funny how they weight exactly 2lbs difference.

eCvbrdd.jpg

Last edited: