Kifaru Reckoning meat shelf

Im looking at buying a Reckoning or Mountain Warrior and the meat shelf seems like a benefit of the Reckoning but there is no way to raise the meat off the bottom of the pack with the way the shelf is designed. The shelf either attaches to the bottom of the frame and stays level or attaches to the higher attachment points on the frame and makes a V shaped pocket. Either way the meat will be sitting at the low point which is at the bottom of the pack. It seems the shelf should have been stitched to the pack level with the top attachment point on the frame, that way you could raise the meat up higher if necessary as the shelf would be level when attached to the top points on the frame or create a V pocket up against frame when attached down low. That would help keep the meat close to the frame as well with the V pushing meat up against the frame. Add 2 attachement points on the bottom of the bag to hook the shelf to when not in use and it seems perfect for me. Or the shelf could have been removable with attachment points added to the pack in 2 spots inline with the frame. I guess im just thinking out loud, as i am no pack designer.

Anyway, my question is, has this been a problem for anyone, with meat or with training bags? Or has someone found a way to raise the meat off the bottom?

Can you hang a meat bag inside the pack? Any pictures would help in any case, thanks guys.

KurtR

WKR
if you use the higher attachment it puts the meat right above center high and works really well for me.

tommymo

Lil-Rokslider
I really love it, I have not hauled meat yet, but use it extensively for my pack work out with a 50lb sand bag.

OP
A
Do you guys notice a difference in how the load carries when using the different attachment points on the frame?

How about when hauling meat off the bone, does it still sit up higher on the top attachment point or does it sink down?

KurtR

WKR
i use a 60 pound sand bag and it does not sag at all and carries really nice right in the center and puts the weight where i like it on my hips

tommymo

Lil-Rokslider
I tried both, you can feel the difference for sure, the mid attachment is the better option.

OP
A
Okay guys thanks for the help. Maybe im just over thinking it, and most likely, they already thought of it. Ill have to just order one and see how i like it.