Bag ideas

Manny

FNG
Hey everyone!

Just wondering if the Apollo would work in between the nomad to give me more room? Or is it better to just go with a bigger pack?

Thanks in advance!

oldgoat

WKR
Much better options out there, really depends on what you plan to do. An OR Research dry bag or Kifaru camp bag would be better! Nomad will carry plenty!

Kulshan

Lil-Rokslider
I was wondering about putting a woodsman on the nomad. Anyone have photos of that setup?

OP
M

Manny

FNG
I never go out more then a day, due to the fact I live only 40 minutes from where I hunt elk and deer.

So in my pack I usually have enough food for one night, first aid kit, kill kit, game bags, jacket and a sheet. I recently bought a spotter. I just went scouting and realized I can't fit everything into my Apollo so I'm basically wondering if I should upgrade to a bigger pack or if I could combine my apollo with a pack to make it bigger!

Thanks for the input so far!

oldgoat

WKR
Do you have a guide lid on your Apollo? If no, that would give you some good options, If yes, then I would suggest just buying a Woodsman, that would give you some room to grow or overnight with sleeping bag etc. Nomad is great bag and used ones are available pretty regularly, it combined with a dry bag can handle anything normal human can handle, but it can get pricey once you start adding the dry bag, grab-it II etc.

I never go out more then a day, due to the fact I live only 40 minutes from where I hunt elk and deer.

So in my pack I usually have enough food for one night, first aid kit, kill kit, game bags, jacket and a sheet. I recently bought a spotter. I just went scouting and realized I can't fit everything into my Apollo so I'm basically wondering if I should upgrade to a bigger pack or if I could combine my apollo with a pack to make it bigger!

Thanks for the input so far!

Aron has a Native hooked on the top of an Apollo last night with some medium pockets hooked on it. It looked fairly slick, so might be something to consider. If he still has it hooked up the next time we do cardio I'll take a picture or two.

Jdizz

FNG
I am able to put all the things you listed plus more in my Apollo. I love that bag. I would second the suggestion of the guide lid though, I have one and intend to use it on the Apollo for overnight trips.

1signguy

WKR
Love my Nomad- adding a camp bag gives you enormous capability/options. Unless you plan long multiday trips I would add a long hunter to the Apollo first (as was suggested) and maybe a spotting scope bag...