Kifaru quality control

mfolch

WKR
Just received a new Fulcrum, and, when I put it on the frame, I discovered two, small holes--the size of lentil--just below the hypalon sleeve.

A few months ago, I discovered a hole of the same exact size right next to the load shelf on a Tahr that I had used on a single trip but was otherwise new. I couldn't figure out how I had put a hole in it. When I sold it, I dropped $100 off the price of the bag.

Seeing similar holes in the Fulcrum leads me to suspect that this came from the manufacturer.

Also, it seems that these holes caught someone's attention before the bag was shipped. The edges are not frayed--they have been burned back so there are no loose threads--and they were all in areas of the bag that would not immediately catch the eye: just behind the hypalon sleeve and almost inside the internal pocket for the load shelf.

Hopefully this is a fluke, and I'm sure kifaru will exchange the pack, but it's happened twice in six months.
99f1bc3dea5548cb6d009b648e332119.jpg
de60ab2b6a8109fc11977ab223d8f7fe.jpg
3ba98c4aca7684a22f6c8a04c03a2574.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The holes are where the anti-gravitational magic gets pushed in through fiber-optic unicorn hair. It's normal.

bpctcb

WKR
Are they a locator for fixturing? It seems odd that there would be 2 symmetrical holes accidentally placed.

It must be something like this. I just checked my EMR2 that I bought in 2015 and it has the same 2 holes. Mine are lower though, almost in the seam. They haven't caused any problems for me.

BP

OP
M

mfolch

WKR
I've owned maybe eight kifaru packs, and only the two made in the last 8 months have had these holes. Not sure I'm happy with holes on the pack, wherever they're placed.

verysimple

Lil-Rokslider
It's for the straws, to drink blood accumulated from the kill

sndmn11

WKR
When we are pulling patterns up on the cutting table, we use a tool that is like a hand held drill press the conducts heat through the drill it. It is used to place an indexing mark for the seamstress to know where something goes on the pattern.... i.e. where a handle goes, where a stitch line ends, where a zipper starts, etc.

edit to add: by "we" above, I mean the place where I personally work, not Kifaru.

Last edited:

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
When we are pulling patterns up on the cutting table, we use a tool that is like a hand held drill press the conducts heat through the drill it. It is used to place an indexing mark for the seamstress to know where something goes on the pattern.... i.e. where a handle goes, where a stitch line ends, where a zipper starts, etc.

edit to add: by "we" above, I mean the place where I personally work, not Kifaru.

This is correct ^^^

Just give me or Frank a call tomorrow morning and we'll get it handled. I haven't been at the shop for a few days as I was in Montana at TAC, but I'm guessing you got one of the first fulcrums and they're supposed to be a Kifaru label right there. I apologize for this issue and we'll get it handled immediately.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have no doubt that Aron will make right whatever needs to be made right, be it a legitimate problem or just a perceived problem. Great customer service as always.