Lost Love?

Just curious if anyone has felt about any of their past packs like I am feeling about my Zulu: the relationship started off great, other packs came and go but I held onto this one and added pouches and upgrades... But lately, I have been getting more and more frustrated with it, and this last trip I just took, I hated the thing. Hated the layout, slot pockets, and how it carried. Hated the 1000d, which I used to love. Going to move on from this pack...

Anyone else ever have lost love over their packs like this?

Skickat från min E5823 via Tapatalk

woodmoose

Lil-Rokslider
you must have been reading up on newer ones! that's when I find myself "lusting" after new gear and not liking what I have,,,,,

so I stopped reading ads.

good luck either falling back in love with your Zulu or finding your new love.

go get an old 80s era army pack,,,,use it a few trips,,,you'll love that Zulu again!

Last edited:
I kind of have that problem every time I get on this damn website in the back pack section. 😂 I have the SJK bounty 4500 and actually like it a lot. However I see all these Exos and kifarus and I start thinking I " need" a better pack. That being said the fact of the matter is 99% of everything I hunt can be packed out with the pack I have. So I need to just appreciate the pack I have and like . That being said someday I may upgrade the frame to a kifaru incase I actually make it out west to elk hunt.

OP
S
For me though, it's less about gear envy and just finding things I don't like about the pack that I used to think we're cool. Like the Zulu is 1000d and has slot pockets. I thought the 1000d looked good and had lots of "tacticool" vibe to it that I liked. Now I can't stand how stiff it is. The slot pockets I thought were great for shoving say, a fishing rod in which is what I mostly use it for. This weekend I had a hell of a time using them when the bag is full...bugged the crapped out of me. It is a good pack, of course, and I love Kifaru, but I thought "we'd be together happily ever after" haha, no I am getting the divorce papers ready

Skickat från min E5823 via Tapatalk

Hardyhard

FNG
Same here! A few years ago, Eberlestock was the new kid ob the block that everybody was striving to own. Ultra rugged 1000d Cordura was the way to go at that time. And when I received my FAC I was happy as pig in shit. But with the years my knowledge improved, but the old gear remained. I think it's pretty common that people evolve, and in exchange for that start getting unsatisfied with their old stuff. I sold all these items and now have a completely new setup. Let's see how long it'll last this time.....