Kifaru Fulcrum videos - also Reckoning comparison

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello my fellow sliders. Here are a few videos I shot last night of the Fulcrum. Hopefully this helps address some questions about the bag and also gives a size comparison to the reckoning.

DISCLAIMER - I'm a moron and said the sleeves were hyperlon and they aren't... they're nylon. Lapse in brain power.

[video=youtube_share;nOTwDZx6-tw]https://youtu.be/nOTwDZx6-tw[/video]
[video=youtube_share;imjZQEpTrts]https://youtu.be/imjZQEpTrts[/video]

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here is a comparison video between the Reckoning/Fulcrum.

[video=youtube_share;97-XuPL8lu0]https://youtu.be/97-XuPL8lu0[/video]

Olson

Lil-Rokslider
Finally got around to watching these and based on what you presented I'm glad I choose the Fulcrum. The wing pockets look fantastic and perfect for bushwhackin' during the day with all needed items. Thanks Jordan.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Finally got around to watching these and based on what you presented I'm glad I choose the Fulcrum. The wing pockets look fantastic and perfect for bushwhackin' during the day with all needed items. Thanks Jordan.

Super glad to hear that, your welcome!

Pinewood

Lil-Rokslider
Nice review. Sure glad I got a Reckoning. My impression is that the Fulcrum isn't really the best choice for day use.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
My fulcrum dosent have the compression straps for the main bag, only the wing pockets. That's pretty strange.

My fulcrum dosent have the compression straps for the main bag, only the wing pockets. That's pretty strange.

I do not have a fulcrum- but have seen this discussed on other packs. Maybe check inside a chamber pocket if the pack comes with one?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I do not have a fulcrum- but have seen this discussed on other packs. Maybe check inside a chamber pocket if the pack comes with one?

Yeah I checked everything and no straps, I sent them an email. I hope I can get it sorted quickly, withought those straps Its sort of hard to keep a smaller heavier load secured in the main compartment. It probably wouldnt be a big deal for a bigger less dense load but for really cranking the thing down for say hauling out some meat while in day mode, those straps would really help.

Update, looks like my straps are on the way.

Update 2, straps are here, they definetly help hold my sandbag in place (and Im assuming they will do the same for other stuff as well). Looking forward to getting a session in with this pack tomorrow.

Last edited:
OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Who's gotten some blood in their new Fulcrum already? I see sheep, lopes and a few deer are starting to hit the ground!