Issues with gun bearer rolling over

geriggs

WKR
Any of my fellow Roksliders have an issue when using the Kifaru gun bearer where the butt of the rifle wants to roll to the outside? I feel like its not real stable and may not stay in place. I messed with different positions but didnt help a ton. I do have it setup according to the video they put out. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

AdamW

WKR
I think I can picture what you're saying and think I may have had the same "issue". How vertical is the rifle between the belt and the shoulder strap? I found the more angled it was the more I had this issue, if I remember correctly. Also how much slack you have in the belt/rifle butt portion, the more it seems to roll. Which makes sense because it has that loose run of webbing down to the rifle butt. The closer to the belt the butt is, the less it can roll, right?

Short version, if you think about it, the rifle is essentially against your body. It can't roll in to your body so it rolls away from it. Depending on the factors above and the weight of your rifle, I can see where a compact/light rifle would carry the best in theory.

I bought a gun bearer for CO last year and honestly I just wish the Timberline (and all their packs) had water bottle pockets at the bottom of the bag that you could stick the rifle but in and I'd have carried it that way. I was neither overly disappointed or impressed with the gun bearer. YMMV.

I have also had that issue in the past. I have mine set up similar to how AdamW describes with the butt pouch up close to my hip belt. This will not totally eliminate it from wanting to roll, but I found that if you also "counter twist" the butt pouch, before placing the rifle butt into it, it usually eliminates it from rolling.

OP
G

geriggs

WKR
Ok thanks, will mess with it some more. Love the idea but don't love that aspect of it

Mine rolls too. When I carry a scoped gun I try to get the upper strap around the end of the scope. That helps keep it straight. I tried twisting the butt end of the holder but it didn't work that well.

sr80

WKR
are you guys fastening the top strap ( the one on the shoulder strap of your pack) around your gun barrel or the stock? I had that once when i first set mine up and it was hanging too low , so i shortened the butt stock end and wrap that velco tight around the rifle stock and its solid and stays put

J_hol

Lil-Rokslider
I had the same issue and ended up carrying the rifle with the scope facing the ground. I actually prefer it now, no rolling and not as much jammed under your armpit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same issue and ended up carrying the rifle with the scope facing the ground. I actually prefer it now, no rolling and not as much jammed under your armpit.

^This is how I solved the issue as well.

rodney482

WKR
Exactly how I carry mine

OP
G

geriggs

WKR
great idea, i will try that thanks.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member

This is also how I use it. Scope forward

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk