Pack covers

Trial153

WKR
Assume I need a waterproof pack cover. School me on what's currently available. I was going to order a new Sitka pack cover and call it a day. However I am open to other ideas.
I will most likely be using it over a MR Plinter for this hunt, but also running a metcalf at times. It would be nice to be able to use the same cover for both. I have no budget constraints and prefer a lightweight and durable. Ideas? Suggestions?

Kifaru just released one. I have no experience with it but worth a look.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

AlaskaEd

WKR
I just posted the same question a couple weeks ago. I ended up going with the Mystery Ranch cover with the hood. It's a little heavier than the others but I have no worries about its waterproofness.

I'm a big fan of cuben fiber, so that's what I use. I have a large Zpack CF for my 7400ci pack that weighs 1.5 oz. vs. my old Kuiu cover that weighed 6.2 oz.

Sea to summit ultrasil pack cover has worked great for me. Word on the street is that Bearpaw wilderness designs makes a good pack cover too.

OP
Trial153

Trial153

WKR
Thanks for all the recommendations. I ordered both the MR and ate Sitka covers. I am going to see which I like better or maybe keep on for each pack.

Maverick940

Banned
When walking, I don't cover my pack because that's just a pain in the ass. But at camp, I throw my Helly Hansen rain jacket over it so that it doesn't absorb rain water while I'm asleep.

tttoadman

WKR
I like the Sea to Summit ultra sil because it has the small tension buckle that you can hook together between shoulder pads and the lumbar pad. You can pull the top back to access the pack without the cover falling off or getting loose. I haven't seen this feature on any others.

texag10

WKR
I hate pack covers, so I bought a seek outside pack and don't need one now.

Before that I used dry bags for critical items and had everything inside a contractor bag in my pack.

chops24

WKR
I use my homemade tarp that's always in my pack. Goes back to that one piece of gear having multiple uses thing. Did this on a training hike yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk