Budget edc/daypack ideas

While I'd love to get a top name brand day pack. I'm looking for a cheaper edc and day hunting pack. Most days would carry my personal stuff at work but it would be nice to have enough support for some day hunts, hikes or even ultralight overnight trips. Any suggestions? Probably looking under 150

aaro9991

FNG
I really like camelback for a cheaper daypack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adamm88

WKR
I edc a camelbak urban assault, very non tatical looking i got it on ebay for cheap, iv used all kinds of day packs/ edc packs, i used a 511 rush 24 the longest but recently sold it. That was probably my favorite day hunting pack, i just go a different route now for that.

If your looking for cheap check ebay, blade forums classifieds or esee forum classifieds if you dont mind slightly used theres deals to be had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S
I really like the looks of the 511 72. It's over 3000 ci which is a bit big for an edc. But compared to the MR Marshall I have for a big pack it's a good fit for a smaller pack. I really like the SG avail 2200 and still might wait to buy it, but with hunting season approaching I have to conserve my budget as much as possible

adamm88

WKR
I really like the looks of the 511 72. It's over 3000 ci which is a bit big for an edc. But compared to the MR Marshall I have for a big pack it's a good fit for a smaller pack. I really like the SG avail 2200 and still might wait to buy it, but with hunting season approaching I have to conserve my budget as much as possible

i had a rush 72, its very big, i think sold it because for the weight and size i could use a backpacking pack to do what i wanted. It didnt carry weight great like a backpacking pack. Also there was a area betweeen the main day pack and back part that you could stuff stuff like a jacket, If i remember right it was kind of floppy, but it could have been an older version too(6 ish years ago)

If you want to save a few bucks look at the La police gear line, they have good looking stuff that is made decent along with condor. They are pretty much 511 knockoffs.

Deepshax

WKR
Not sure what you do for a living but goruck gives 25% off for military, teachers, etc - would put you a bit over $200 for a gr1 (21l or 26l). Its a nice streamlined pack perfect for office edc without looking too military.

Macegl

Lil-Rokslider
Ive been using a Kelty Redwing 50 for the last 4 years. It has held up surprisingly well and is quite comfortable. Originally I was worried about its durability but I've hauled out full bone in elk quarters and it has done awesome.

Sadly, they recently redesigned these packs and I don't think they make them in coyote brown, or dark green anymore. I see the previous version on ebay pretty frequently though. I think mine was $75 on sale, but last i looked they were around $140 regular priced.

sdfuller

Lil-Rokslider
I have a kelty redwing as well. I had a 50 that I ran for a year before upgrading to the "alpha" packs companies. My daypack is the 32L and I have been beating the hell out of it for the last 3-4 years and it's as good as new. Kelty has a great warranty too. The 44 might be the perfect size for dayhunting pack if your not carrying much more than water and some snacks.

Yes they no longer offer brown or green. Unless you want to have a backpack the color of something selected from a box of crayolas then your only option is black.

matthewmt

WKR
Anyone try the eagle assault packs for day bags? The older slick style look like a good option.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

aion2come

WKR
for that price you can get a nice used badlands with a lifetime warranty. Look at 2200's and 2800's. Both will haul meat too!

muddydogs

WKR
I would never use a good pack for EDC, if I wanted a pack for EDC I would pick up some $50 or $60 Kelty or similar to beat up packing around everyday. Any EDC pack gets beat around in and out of what ever transportation your using, the zippers get used a bunch day in and day out not to mention all the crud a pack gets set in around town. When I'm out in the woods I don't want any problems with my gear and the added wear and tear on an EDC pack eventually comes back to bite you at the worst times.