Pack advice. 22" tall torso

Cowboy611

Lil-Rokslider
Im about to pull the trigger on a pack and Binos. Im on a budget and found a good deal in Vortex Diamondbacks on govX. Sincr im going to college i dont have alot to spend on a pack and want one that will last years for me. I want the most bang for my buck. Just measured my torso...its 22" long. I hear kifaru is the best for tall folks and i tried a mystery ranch xL on at snchees with a 60lb load and it was comfy. Ive already deal enough with loaded packs that are too short for me. Any options for a budger besides just forking over the money for a Kifaru frame and camp bag or mystery ranch XL frame. Both are 450ish and id like to get it closer to 300 if it wont wreck me with heavy haul out

oldgoat

WKR
I'd skip the binos this year and get a better pack then buy binos next year! For me my pack is way more important for my hunt than binoculars.

OP
C

Cowboy611

Lil-Rokslider
Ive been lookint at SO and MR as alternative to kifaru but i really like the bersility of pack optiona kifaru has. It would be easy to trade the bag for something that suits my style better as it evolves.

kcm2

WKR
Borrow or rent a pair this year. Find a good used Kifaru pack. Then next year, consider doing the 6 month easy pay at Bass Pro for binos. For example, the Vortex Viper HD is a darn good bargain. Good luck.

FURMAN

WKR
If I were in your shoes I would go with a used Kuiu pack and get the Binos. You can upgrade later. You don't have to start out with the best just don't start out with crap.

OP
C

Cowboy611

Lil-Rokslider
I can afford both binos and a pack this year and still have plenty to be responsible with. Im hard on gear so a Kuiu pack makes me nervous. Found a member with the vortex diamondbacks and ill get up Aron for the frame and try and find a used bag here unless a frame pops up.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have a 21+" torso and went with a 28" kifaru tactical frame and It seems to work well for me, I trained with 75lbs today (only 6 miles and rolling but still...) and it felt awesome. Like you, I had to make some sacrifices to run a Kifaru so Im still using my VOrtex Viper HD 10x42s another year rather than buying the Leicas I wanted but Im good with that.

Vortex Diamondbacks are pretty good too, My dad has been using a pair for like 6 years and hes got his elk and pronghorns every year using them.