Pack/Lid Help

Scoot

WKR
Hi Folks, I'm looking for some help with my Nomad pack, Guide lid (I think), and Bikini frame. I can't seem to get the lid on correctly. The lid constantly falls down, with the straps and connections sliding down each of the sides, allowing the lid to fall down rather than being held up by the straps going over the top of the frame. I don't really see a different/better way to connect the lid so that it doesn't do this. Can someone please tell me how to connect the lid so that it doesn't fall down to nearly the middle of the pack? Kind of annoying...

I'm pretty dang sure someone is going to tell me just how dumb I'm being with this, but I've tried to mess with it and can't figure it out.

Attachments

• IMG_20170802_212605660.jpg
    IMG_20170802_212605660.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_20170802_212621071.jpg
    IMG_20170802_212621071.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20170802_212635254.jpg
    IMG_20170802_212635254.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20170802_212705541.jpg
    IMG_20170802_212705541.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 91

matthewmt

WKR
I ran mine like so, we have different frames tho but the only way I saw that would keep it from doing what yours does.
I'm interested to hear from others as well.
136175d121da695fa7af403b764e81ad.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah with the bag empty that is a little issue with that attachment system. But try this... take a strap that has a 3 bar slider on one end and a male buckle on the other end, then run the 3 bar through the plastic tab lock that is on top of the frame. That way the lid goes straight to the frame and will keep solid. We're on the road or I'd get you pictures, but you can check out my Kifaru Native bag video on the Rokslide YouTube to get an idea how I do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Scoot

Scoot

WKR
Thank you both. Matthew is that a zip tie in there holding it? Jordan I couldn't find the video- might be because I'm on my phone.

matthewmt

WKR
Thank you both. Matthew is that a zip tie in there holding it? Jordan I couldn't find the video- might be because I'm on my phone.
No, it's a fixed clip on the top of my duplex frame.
16eb4467b9fcca186c1f9ca55956793d.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

MtnMuley

WKR
You've ran into the problem we all have with this set up. Some good suggestions so far as far as fixes go. Don't be afraid to use a couple zip ties if you're ever in a pinch and don't have the right clips/buckles to make things work.

OP
Scoot

Scoot

WKR
Thanks to all for the replies. Matthew and Jordan- it looks like both of you have a fixed clip on the top of your pack that I don't believe I have. I'm running a bikini (I know... that was so yesterday's frame- ha!) and I don't think it's on there. I'd never thought to put a zip tie to connect it to the load lifter straps. Kind of a rinky-dink way of fixing a high end pack but it looks like it'll work.

Am I missing something or is there a better solution here?

colonel00

WKR
You could just run the lid straps "under" the load lifter straps if you don't have the loop they illustrate. It would keep your lid centered.

OP
Scoot

Scoot

WKR
I tried that colonel but the straps for the lid could still get wide enough to slip down the side.

Felix40

WKR
The bikini has those plastic connectors from the factory. If your frame doesnt have them then it has been modified. Make sure they arent just stuck under the sleeve on the bag. They should come out the same holes your load lifters do.

Edit to say that this issue is why I dont run a guide lid. I ended up making my own lid that fits the frame a little better. I think the best thing for you is gonna be to modify the lid or make some straps with notched 3 bar sliders to hook onto the frame where your plastic loops used to be.

Also, dont be down about using the bikini. I think its one of their best frames.

Last edited:
OP
Scoot

Scoot

WKR
Oh good, thanks for pointing that out Felix. I didn't think they were there, but they must be tucked under the sleeve, like you mentioned. I'll check for them tonight when I get home. If I can run it through there, like mathewmt did, I think it'll work just fine. If that doesn't work right I'll get the straps and buckles to do it like Jordan did.

I was definitely being sarcastic about the bikini. I really like my frame and it's treated me great! It can definitely handle more weight than me and really works great for my needs. I may change bags in the future, but I see no need to change frames anytime soon.

Thanks again to all for the help and info- very much appreciated.
Scott

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh good, thanks for pointing that out Felix. I didn't think they were there, but they must be tucked under the sleeve, like you mentioned. I'll check for them tonight when I get home. If I can run it through there, like mathewmt did, I think it'll work just fine. If that doesn't work right I'll get the straps and buckles to do it like Jordan did.

I was definitely being sarcastic about the bikini. I really like my frame and it's treated me great! It can definitely handle more weight than me and really works great for my needs. I may change bags in the future, but I see no need to change frames anytime soon.

Thanks again to all for the help and info- very much appreciated.
Scott

Sweet, yeah I hope they're under there. Definitely the way I prefer to run mine, even over the tab loops for lid attachment on the new fold over lids. Seems to hold it more solid whether the bag is full or empty.

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
As much as I like the Kifaru frame, packs and lids they can be a Rubiks Cube for figuring attachment points. They make us all feel ignorant at times!