Pics of markhor grab it and guide lid

blake_mhoona

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody got any of all three together? Got my grab it in today and I have it attached to the little plastic loops on the bottom (is this right) of the bag. My bows are in the shop so I couldn't try it out. Trying to figure out how to configure my bow in the grab it and a guide lid still on the pack. Are you running the grab it buckles to the guide lid over the bow? Or the grab it buckles to the frame and the buckles to the guide lid under the bow?

The compression/lashing kit strap that comes with it has the little black open metal connectors. Are you hooking these to the frame on an occupied loop? Or are you hooking them to the bag compression strap?

Sorry for my ignorance. First time kifaru user. I wish I had my bows to try it out.

Dobermann

WKR
Blake, I have this set-up and it works fine.

Grab-It back to frame; bow over Guide Lid.

If you're a first-time Kifaru user, I'd recommend setting aside time and watching - and re-watching - a bunch of the relevant Kifaru videos: the ones about the Markhor, Guide Lid, and the couple about the Grab-It, obviously (you might need to go back and look at some of the old Nomad videos here), but also the ones about the various pieces of hardware, as well as other packs, as many videos show tricks and tips. It's worth learning what everything is called; that way, you can ask more exact questions.

Kifaru gear has so many possibilities and options that I can seem overwhelming at first - and it can be a bit like learning a different language that also has a different alphabet. You kinda need to learn the alphabet first, then the words, and then start messing with how to put things together and rearrange them, so you can find out what works for you ... but seeing videos showing lots of options really helps.

Dont have the Markhor or guide lid but Nomad with grab it and long hunter lid. Here's how I plan to run it. Well except bow will be flipped to accommodate my quiver. And I'll actually run the grab it to the frame instead of the lid but everything else is the same. I'll switch it to that tonight and post a picture if itll help.
2ba6a1b804b8687c4861e9150ef561be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

blake_mhoona

Lil-Rokslider
yea the grab it video online was using the older duplex frame and it didnt take long to realize that it wasnt relevant for my use on my hunting frame.

the k-clip on the lashing kit was the one i didnt know where people were connecting it to. is it going back to the frame or on the bag compression straps.

liwolverine-thanks for the pic thats what i needed. i think i too will run it to the frame instead of the bag

micus

Lil-Rokslider
Not a Markhor,buuuuuut close as I can get to helping out.

Attachments

• 2017 spring bear 3.jpg
    2017 spring bear 3.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 76
  • 2017 spring bear 2.jpg
    2017 spring bear 2.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 73
  • hunting pics 1.jpg
    hunting pics 1.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 78
  • kifaru 2.jpg
    kifaru 2.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 77
  • kifaru 1.jpg
    kifaru 1.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 70
OP
B

blake_mhoona

Lil-Rokslider
Not a Markhor,buuuuuut close as I can get to helping out.

interesting. are you running your guide lid more as a pocket and not an actual lid? the last pic looks like its vertical rather than horizontal (on top) of the pack.

Was able to get home over lunch and set it up so here's some updated pics of my bow loaded and the grab it on the frame. I'm using female k-clips on occupied loops on my hunter frame. I forgot to take a pic of the loops. Nomad compression straps holding the riser and lid behind the bow.
25d263ab64e3795777127a79af713c21.jpg

micus

Lil-Rokslider
It kinda just works out that way man. I keep the guide lid on for day hunting so that's where the majority of my quick access nick knacks go, Because there is nothing inside the reckoning bag its all cinched down/flat so the guide lid pretty much just ends up being an external pocket.

In the pick with the bear, I packed all the meat inside game backs inside the pack, then just used the grab it guide lid combo to strap the hide onto the main bag.

its a pretty versatile rig!

It kinda just works out that way man. I keep the guide lid on for day hunting so that's where the majority of my quick access nick knacks go, Because there is nothing inside the reckoning bag its all cinched down/flat so the guide lid pretty much just ends up being an external pocket.

In the pick with the bear, I packed all the meat inside game backs inside the pack, then just used the grab it guide lid combo to strap the hide onto the main bag.

its a pretty versatile rig!

Very nice looking setup.