Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the MR Marshall and the Pintler, and I love them both.. Rokslide is very Pro kifaru, and I have never had my hands on one, but just remember there any many different great backpack brands. Take the previous advice and answer those questions and try some on. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Exo mountain Gear 3500 that has been great. I just purchased a 5500 for a ten day archery elk hunt next week. Holds a ton of gear and handles loads very well. Great product that gets the job done.

Senior Member ColoradoHunterHiker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd look at it in a simple manner:

1. Kifaru advertises comfort for heavy loads (All packs will carry 25lbs just fine)
    2. Stone Glacier advertises as "ultralight" as does Kuiu.

So, if you're looking to carry a heavy load as comfortable as possible, I'd go with a Kifaru. If you don't plan on doing much more than taking your bow/rifle for a long hike, then any pack is fine. While there is something to not carrying unnecessary weight, don't get tripped up on just counting ounces. That said, I'd try on a few packs/frames before taking the plunge. They all fit differently and some fit some people better than others.

Good Luck!

4. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Packs are similar to shoes. Some will fit you better than others. I am running a Kifaru hunter frame, Nomad, guide lid, and add a camp bag for longer trips. After about 5 days I am ready for a shower, a beer(s) and a real bed- unless I am really in amongst'em. This setup easily accomplishes that and 7 days would be easy... Have had a few other Kifaru bags but this just gave me more flexibility to change to day mode...

Post Thanks / Like
    Agree with both guys above. I am also running a second Kifaru that's just the frame, Cargo Panel with some pouches and hydration. All my camp gear goes in a 55L drybag. Once I dump my camp load, I have a freighter ready for elk quartes. Weighs nothing.

Attachment 55934
    Attachment 55935
    Attachment 55936
    Attachment 55937
    Last edited by Where's Bruce?; 1 Day Ago at 10:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you have some time to try packs. If you are traveling in the near future ask ahead of time if someone in the area has a pack to try. Maybe make a trip to Denver. Obviously you can check out kifaru here also 1shot gear has sg, rmsg has mr. Seek outside is on the other end of the state but there also plenty of members around the area who may show off their packs.

I would focus on a frame first as bag options are plenty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all of the input.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just switched from Kifaru to SeekOutside. I am very happy with the change. Research them and if possible try some. If you can't You will probably be happy with what you choose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wyelkhunter View Post
    I just switched from Kifaru to SeekOutside. I am very happy with the change. Research them and if possible try some. If you can't You will probably be happy with what you choose.
    Just out of curiosity, what do you prefer about the Seek Outside over the Kifaru?