KUIU ULTRA 1800 bladder placement

colobow

Lil-Rokslider
I've been putting my bladder between my p
44225dd4aa10fa9c4b032a0e78a568d6.jpg
ac75c225a33d4a7ccec2ef54a665289f.jpg
ack and frame the last two years a to save precious bag space in the 1800 I'm running. I figured out a better way to do this using those fancy clip buckles.

Suggestions welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try threading the quick clips on the bladder straps then hook the clip part through the same loop the sewn on tri slide is for holding the bag up to the stays or the loops just inside those.

xziang

WKR
I would work on just putting some paracord with a hoop on one end to synch it to one frame stay and then tie it to the other frame stay after weaving it through the bladder.

OP
C

colobow

Lil-Rokslider
I would work on just putting some paracord with a hoop on one end to synch it to one frame stay and then tie it to the other frame stay after weaving it through the bladder.

I was thinking of doing that also. i'm gonna try some variation ans see what works best. thanks

OP
C

colobow

Lil-Rokslider
"the same loop the sewn on tri slide is for holding the bag up " not sure what part this is in the pack. There was a piece of webbing in the frame for grabbing the bag, is that what you mean?
kuiu-ultra-frame.jpg

"the same loop the sewn on tri slide is for holding the bag up " not sure what part this is in the pack. There was a piece of webbing in the frame for grabbing the bag, is that what you mean?
View attachment 55954

No in your first picture the strap that you have he quick clip hooked to. Follow that strap down to the bag. There is a free loop there on each side and also room under the duraflex plastic piece that the webbing feeds through to hold the bag up toward the stays.

View attachment 55954

You could use the webbing handle on the frame too but the bladder holder will slip to the middle and be tough to get the bladder out once it's not full anymore.

OP
C

colobow

Lil-Rokslider
You could use the webbing handle on the frame too but the bladder holder will slip to the middle and be tough to get the bladder out once it's not full anymore.

Yeh I tried that initially. KUIU should add a couple of slots in the frame specifically for this purpose

Just had another thought. Take the quick clips off the bladder holder. Then thread the webbing through the frame slots for the webbing handle and weave them through the tri slides. It will be tight getting them through the frame but they will fit. I do it on the side compressions.

OP
C

colobow

Lil-Rokslider
I ended up making the handle that does through those frame slots a little longer and clipping into that. When I want to pull the bladder out I can slide the clip wider along the webbing.

Now I have a few approaches to fall back one if this doesn't work