Exo question- lumbar area chaffing

zman

Lil-Rokslider
So went for a four mile walk last weekend in Vermont with 85lbs. of plates in my Exo. Got two scabbed up areas on my back from each end of the lumbar pad.
Any suggestions? I tried shortening up the torso by moving the pack strap velcro attachment down. Seemed to help. Anything else I should look at or is that just the price you pay when you carry that kind of weight?

Well, it sounds like you are on the right path. Heavy ruck hiking is going to do things unexpected. The only way I'd approach it is to let it heal and, try it again at the shorter torso adjustment. I'm not sure that is what caused it was a true torso problem though. If so, the sores would be on the tailbone. And, with that weight and mileage, your lower back would have likely been injured. I guess just keep it going and see how it does. Maybe back off the mileage until you get a better clue. Good luck and God Bless

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds to me like your belt size is wrong or you had it too loose. I think it could also be that you had the belt too high/torso too short.

I could be totally wrong though and if I were you I would call Steve and ask him what he recommends.

Edit to add contact info:
[h=4]208-941-9899[/h]
Business hours: 8am-5pm Monday thru Friday (Mountain Time)

wabowman

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like it was too loose to me also.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk