SG - Load Cell Bag

wjohnson1983

Lil-Rokslider
For those of you that have purchased the load cell bag and hauled meat, could you put the meat bags between the frame and bag without having the load cell bag? How much improvement would the load cell bag give you over just having the game bag on the load shelf?

oenanthe

WKR
For those of you that have purchased the load cell bag and hauled meat, could you put the meat bags between the frame and bag without having the load cell bag? How much improvement would the load cell bag give you over just having the game bag on the load shelf?

The load cell bag is not absolutely essential, but it's the right size to keep everything in the right place and easily strapped down. Depending on what kind of critter you're hauling you may not want to use it; for example it will certainly not fit a moose quarter.

I line it with a garbage bag, since the load cell bag is not waterproof and can leak a fair amount of blood. It will hold about 70 pounds of meat boned out. Just used mine last weekend to pack out two loads of caribou! :)

The load cell bag is not absolutely essential, but it's the right size to keep everything in the right place and easily strapped down. Depending on what kind of critter you're hauling you may not want to use it; for example it will certainly not fit a moose quarter.

I line it with a garbage bag, since the load cell bag is not waterproof and can leak a fair amount of blood. It will hold about 70 pounds of meat boned out. Just used mine last weekend to pack out two loads of caribou! :)

^^^^What he said. I have used the load shelf both with and without the load cell bag, and while it is very nice for some applications, it's definitely not a must have item IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniel_M

WKR
I'm packed and ready for 10 days, hoping I'll eat my real estate down enough to fit most of a sheep. If not, I will have the cell bag as a backup.

Another solid option is a 35L StS bag, I've been using one all summer on the shelf and it fits well. Good for 2000ci.

48225a895fa3169283047cfa08180d4b.jpg

Last edited:

Daniel_M

WKR
It's not waterproof?

They are to an extent, but the seams aren't sealed so blood will leak at the threads. I treated mine with NikWax and as far as the blood, easy fix with a contractor bag. The new new bags which were just released have a silicone treatment, though I haven't seen a direct comparison to the old version.

Augustus46

Lil-Rokslider
I thought they were made to leak a little bit so that the blood doesn't pool up?

They are made to "leak" or drain, as you make the hike out. The concept is that you're continually loosing water or blood wt. as you hike.

sasquatch

WKR
Your asking about comparison to a game bag, and worried about blood draining? Game bags are not waterproof what so ever so they drain also.