Kuiu Icon Pro 3200 vs Exo K2 2000

Hoping to get some feedback from guys that have experienced these packs.

Mostly curious how they compare to each other in fit, comfort, and how they "ride" with your typical hunting gear inside them. I'm 6'1 200. Seems like the bags are made of the same material, 500d cordura with ripstop. Very similiar weights. Seems like the Icon maybe has more internal storage, in the form of pockets/compartments.

80% of the time will be utilized as day pack from the truck/camp. Other 20% as an overnighter.

I've read numerous posts about each. Most of the discussion is regarding hauling and weight.

I'm coming from an Eberlestock J34. The pack was nice, but a little on the heavy side.

Thanks

Picked up a 2017 exo 2000 in CB for a trip to south africa this spring since Kuiu was out of solid 3200. Didn't like the ride of the exo and had to keep adjusting the belt as it would start to slip. I'm 5-8 165#. Already have a kuiu 3200 in camo and prefer the way it contours my body. Also like the layout better of pockets inside etc. Found the 2000 to be to small as it's a really thin pack and may have liked it a little better if I went with the 3500. I also used as my carry on with two pairs of bino's, range finder, sat phone, an extra T-shirt and a small ziplock of snacks and was starting to max out the pack. Ended up giving the exo pack away to a guide on a trip this summer. I'll pick up a solid Kuiu 3200 before my next trip. I only carry 50# pack max so that goes into the equation. Exo frame is a little taller and didn't like my head crashing into the frame when looking up either. Exo makes a hell of a pack and it's great quality - it just doesn't fit my build for the weight I want to carry. Your build and preference may be a different story.

OP
B
Picked up a 2017 exo 2000 in CB for a trip to south africa this spring since Kuiu was out of solid 3200. Didn't like the ride of the exo and had to keep adjusting the belt as it would start to slip. I'm 5-8 165#. Already have a kuiu 3200 in camo and prefer the way it contours my body. Also like the layout better of pockets inside etc. Found the 2000 to be to small as it's a really thin pack and may have liked it a little better if I went with the 3500. I also used as my carry on with two pairs of bino's, range finder, sat phone, an extra T-shirt and a small ziplock of snacks and was starting to max out the pack. Ended up giving the exo pack away to a guide on a trip this summer. I'll pick up a solid Kuiu 3200 before my next trip. I only carry 50# pack max so that goes into the equation. Exo frame is a little taller and didn't like my head crashing into the frame when looking up either. Exo makes a hell of a pack and it's great quality - it just doesn't fit my build for the weight I want to carry. Your build and preference may be a different story.

Appreciate your feedback.

I'm biased towards EXO and for good reason. I wouldn't trade my EXO for any other pack. I wouldn't touch anything Kuiu with a 10 foot pole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

had a 3200 sold the exo has a better belt and padding and carries heavy loads better. the functionality of the kuiu bag is a little better but thats it.

had a 3200 sold the exo has a better belt and padding and carries heavy loads better. the functionality of the kuiu bag is a little better but thats it.

Interesting... if I would say one thing stands out in the two packs is Kuiu's belt over exo. The power pulls on the kuiu just lock up much better for me and pull evenly. The exo would pull uneven at times and not always lock up needing to re-cinch. Lumbar didn't fit me as well either. In a way packs are kind of like boots though, they fit everyone different.