Improvised pull outs?

matthewmt

WKR
Getting things together for opening day archery and I'm looking to see if anyone knows of some improvised pull out type pouches that would be light weight that I can organize some food, kill kit and bow items to get me by until I can order up a set?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

xziang

WKR
Check out wallyworld too in their camping area I know they have some of the smaller stuff sacks in a package of 4 or 3 I believe. They aren't zippered though.

Freezer type zip lock bags. They are strong, less expensive than the other options, you can see through them, and they come in gallon and quart sizes.

dotman

WKR
Yup freezer zip locks are a great option but need replacing every season.

muddydogs

WKR
Funny I didn't know what a pull out was until I visited this forum and read about guys spending $20 to $50 on bags where I use cheap ziplocks and small stuff sacks. Who knew I was so uncool. Guess it's along the same lines as the puff jacket, who knew they were cool I just though the yuppies and tree huggers wore them in fact I had never heard them called puff jackets just mostly yuppie coats.

I never use pull outs or stuff sacks. Zip locks for small stuff. You can even pack a few extra if you're worried out them ripping. Large Ziplock Space bags for larger stuff that you want to compress and waterproof. These are the vacuum type bags sold in the laundry isle at Walmart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Savage99

WKR
I never use pull outs or stuff sacks. Zip locks for small stuff. You can even pack a few extra if you're worried out them ripping. Large Ziplock Space bags for larger stuff that you want to compress and waterproof. These are the vacuum type bags sold in the laundry isle at Walmart.

I'm using ziplocks this season. First Elk season and just doing day hunts with potential to truck camp if needed. I have in the past for other adventures brought extra bags. I do think it's a good idea for little to none size or weight penalty.

My wife has some of those space bags I could commandeer for extra layers, etc.

OP
matthewmt

matthewmt

WKR
Thanks guys, I swung into wally after work and grabbed a 3 bag set for 10$ little light ripstop type roll top "dry bags". Probably all I really need. I have a kifaru mountain warrior bag and it has a guide lid and quite a few pockets so beyond these I should be setup for now.
Appreciate the responses.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk