When to step up to 28" Kifaru frame

BagNTagM

FNG
Hello all, I have always found that I don't get enough lift out of my past packs/frames. I'm curious at what point a guy should special order the 28" frame from Kifaru? I am 6'5" with a 22.5 inch torso, I am ready to order my frame and pack but want to make sure I will get enough lift as I wont have time to return it prior to hunting season. For the guys that did special order the 28" frame, are you happy with it? What is your torso length?

Thanks

I am 6'5" with a 33" inseam, so a similar torso length (23" or so). I have both a 26" and 28". I like both, but the 28" is more comfortable under heavy loads (70-110lbs is all I've had in it so far). I have also carried 100lbs on my 26" without much discomfort, so it's not a deal breaker. I primarily use my 26" with my 22 mag when day hunting and my 28" with my modified Argali when backpacking.

26" Frame: Shared album - Matt Fetig - Google Photos
28" Frame: Shared album - Matt Fetig - Google Photos

OP
B

BagNTagM

FNG
Thanks for the pics, I remember seeing your pics of the 28" and forgot to ask what your height and torso length was..glad you responded. I contacted Kifaru to see what they say. Im really leaning towards the 28".

welpro222

WKR
COlineman78, wow that is a stuff full pack with the 28" frame? Is that your load out for hunting or is that from a successful hunt and has meat packed in there too?