Stone Glacier Hydro holster???

joelbiltz

WKR
Has anyone used the Stone Glacier Hydro holster for Nalgene bottles? I have watched the video of the installation and can't decide if I would like the location or not. Any thoughts? Thanks.

bates

WKR
i didnt try it but didnt like the looks so i went with a mystery ranch one on my SG

just have to watch it as you can sling out the bottle taking the pack off and laying it on the ground but it has worked just perfect for me

i run it and the large older pouch on my left side and have room with the large belt

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like mine so far. I haven't played with adjusting the location yet or if you can? It feels a bit in the way or too far forward at first but I got used to it fast. Lost my nalgene so ran it with a gas station water bottle. It holds the thin neck just fine.

FYI it doesn't fit the odd shaped ozark trails wanna be nalgene. I was bummed as those are lighter and cheaper.

rfgreenwell

Lil-Rokslider
Didn't think I was going to like it at all, thought it might flop around whereas my kifaru is on my belt...but it is working fine installed just like the video instructs. It can be a bit of trouble getting the bottle back in, but I figured out a way to do it most of the time one handed. I use a kleen kanteen 40 oz ss and it fits right in, as does a larger size gatoraid bottle. I have not tried the SG pack moving through thick stuff yet. I think I would rather have it on the belt of my x-frame if it catches in brush.

Last edited:
I found the flat shape too annoying to stick a nalgene bottle in single handed and awkward under the arm with a round bottle. Tough to tie down so it doesn't flop around too. I've figured out a couple ways to make it work, including using flexible bottles and rigging lower and further back. Usually just use a modified Eagle Creek holster I bought for $7 at Sportsmans Warehouse mounted directly on the belt though. Simple is best.

Pods8 member here made me one , works perfect for Nalgene or tripod legs when I don't bring my nalgene
3ba5fdcf1e4e0f2afdebc9f4b43ec0a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have the sky archer 6200 with one on it and i actually really like it for mine i did a little mods on mine but works pretty well for me.