For those who run a reckoning...

snowplow

WKR
Do you guys keep a guide lid attached or is it big enough with enough organization to not bother?

The weight looks good without the lid but if you want a lid all the time l might go another route.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Yes 2 med pockets still usable while compressed. I took my guide lid into my packed in camp then took it off for hunting. It's nice to have around if needed. Or you can use it for taking only the necessities when hunting close to camp and you don't want to take the pack.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
I've done both, rolled the top down with a Medium belt pouch and used a guide lid.

Where in WA are you? If you're near the Tri-cities/Yakima you can take a peek at mine.

Coyote813

Lil-Rokslider
I run the guide lid all the time on mine, whether I have it filled or not. Kinda multi-use accessory - it contains my food so I can detach it while at camp, but also keep it on there as a compression pod to hold antlers, bow, puffy etc. Even ran my bladder in it a time or two. Couldnt live without it.

I also run the large pouch on top with no lid. In day hunt mode with the center compressions tightened down you can still access the open side pockets easily. Love how I can jam my bugle in one side and tripod and spotter in the other.

I told myself I'd buy the guide lid when I ran out of room... So far haven't needed it for outings lasting up to four days.

I'm on the east side of Washington if you want to take a look before you buy. Good luck.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
Thanks so much for the generous offers guys! I went ahead and ordered one yesterday :)

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk