Kifaru Fulcrum Review, by William Hanson

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Rokslide moderator William Hanson thought the Kifaru EMR2 was just about the perfect pack for his needs. Then Kifaru had to do what they do and come out with a new and improved model after taking in users feedback. This new version is the Kifaru Fulcrum and is loaded with features a lot of backcountry hunters will benefit from. So how did William like the Fulcrum compared to his trusty EMR2? After testing the fit and function at home and in the field on a recent backcountry trip to Colorado he lays out his thoughts in this Kifarum Fulcrum Review.

Rokstaff Jordan Budd also adds her thoughts in a 3 part video review at the end of the article.

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Love mine. It so stinking versatile. You'll be hard pressed to find a better bag, imo.
0289c74657421fc325d74afec9b1487b.jpg
47731595af611a4b764b911b7550f6f2.jpg
8ec995174e53424468dd5d3106c1fccb.jpg
aaeb03197c45b21ec513ef0e9ad2a162.jpg
af63f48ef7d0174fc4fa1ce68f649849.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will say using the pack wasn't quite as intuitive for me as other packs I've used, but I think that's due mostly to how versatile it is. I ended up changing my system several times in the field before I finally found what I really liked.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I love my Fulcrum. My only complaint is that I wish Id gotten it in a different color but thats not really a big deal, it functions perfectly from day hikes to 8 day trips which is the most i've done with it so far. I have a few longer expeditions planned for the summer and its going along with me.

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
I used an EMR II on my sheep hunt and then within two weeks a Fulcrum on a buffalo hunt. Loved the EMR and I like the Fulcrum that much more. My one and only issue, if I had one, was that I ripped the bag material at the grab handle. My fault though due to the load.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
I used an EMR II on my sheep hunt and then within two weeks a Fulcrum on a buffalo hunt. Loved the EMR and I like the Fulcrum that much more. My one and only issue, if I had one, was that I ripped the bag material at the grab handle. My fault though due to the load.
Kifaru will likely fix that if you call them

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

brianrossman1

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the write up, my Fulcrum should ship out next week. Very excited to try this out after having some disappointing experiences with one of their well known competitors.

William, does this pull loose vertically at the frame sides to allow meat to run behind the bag and on the frame sheet itself?
I see there are 2 straps at the bottom as usual but I cannot seem to see how the bag attaches to the frame vert sides?

I really like hauling meat between the frame and the bag and not in the bag or on top of the outside of it.

Id like to get this on their Black Friday sale, but had that one question.
Thx

TMan84

FNG
William, does this pull loose vertically at the frame sides to allow meat to run behind the bag and on the frame sheet itself?
I see there are 2 straps at the bottom as usual but I cannot seem to see how the bag attaches to the frame vert sides?

I really like hauling meat between the frame and the bag and not in the bag or on top of the outside of it.

Id like to get this on their Black Friday sale, but had that one question.
Thx

I just ordered the fulcrum and had the same question...Kifaru told me it does

Yes that does William sent me pictures of his and with compression straps it will work perfect mine was ordered not even a week ago and I got shipping confirmation today already

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Tsarbomba

Lil-Rokslider
I love my Fulcrum. My only complaint is that I wish Id gotten it in a different color but thats not really a big deal, it functions perfectly from day hikes to 8 day trips which is the most i've done with it so far. I have a few longer expeditions planned for the summer and its going along with me.

What color fid you get? And what do you want?

Tsarbomba

Lil-Rokslider
Pretty much narrowed down it down to Fulcrum, Reckoning, and Exo 5500. I like the open side pockets on the Reckoning & 5500. Just not sure if having that extra space on the Fulcrum would be needed for 7-10 day outings.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Pretty much narrowed down it down to Fulcrum, Reckoning, and Exo 5500. I like the open side pockets on the Reckoning & 5500. Just not sure if having that extra space on the Fulcrum would be needed for 7-10 day outings.

The fulcrum does an excellent job at compressing down for smaller loads, even down to day hunting size. I personally would rather have a larger bag cinched down than a smaller bag with junk strapped all over the outside because I have no more room. I always go for bigger bags also because I do some winter trips.

I love the fulcrum, I don’t think I can ever again use a bag without a center zip. I wish I had a newer fulcrum with the meat shelf...oh well.

Achigan1

Lil-Rokslider
I love mine - even been using it for turkey hunting. 25# of sand and two semi-hard body decoys in the main bag, HPG Windcheater and a fleece in one side pocket, stake blind and decoy stakes in the other. Bow strapped to the back. Pack makes a nice backrest and I'm getting some hours of prep for spring bear on my legs.