Eberlstock Team Elk

GKPrice

Banned
2016 October in Wyoming my son and I both shot 330 class bulls within 2 hours of each other, both in relatively "not so bad" places - I had purchased us both new Team Elk packs before we left - I was absolutely miserable carrying my head/rack out just 3/4 mile to rig and my son took his off 350 yards into his trip out, threw it on the ground and carried the head/horns the rest of the way freehand (guide grabbed the pack) We packed the meat out using "meat packs" the outfitter bought on ebay, they were absolutely comfortable under big elk loads and half of what the Eberlestocks cost me -

John Kimble

Lil-Rokslider
Any one have one of these laying around they will part with ? I have a brand new Kuiu Icon 3200 and just cant get used to it.
So thought I would like to give one of these a try.
I have one. I would be willing to trade for a trial period. Let me know.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP, please PM me, I'd like to take you up on this.

I have a Team Elk and a Blue Widow. I like the pockets on the TE, its a good day or three day pack, not a meat hauler. So far I also like my BW. I guess I don't know what I am missing, by the way most all these response read. I did play with my packs adjustments and the load lifters are above my shoulders and seem to work fine for me??? Hey but what do I know?

Any way contact me, thanks

Mntnere

FNG
You're one of five people in the world that are actually happy with a Kuiu...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been through a lot of packs in 32 yrs of hunting, read plenty of hate on the kuiu and everyone loving the Exo or kifaru
But I'm happy with this kuiu icon pro. It's very well made and not much difference in the design from the others except for materials used for the frame and where straps attach and how. So , yes I'm the only one who likes the kuiu, lol

Bcole82

FNG
Been through a lot of packs in 32 yrs of hunting, read plenty of hate on the kuiu and everyone loving the Exo or kifaru
But I'm happy with this kuiu icon pro. It's very well made and not much difference in the design from the others except for materials used for the frame and where straps attach and how. So , yes I'm the only one who likes the kuiu, lol

The design doesn’t compare to the exo, kifaru, mystery ranch or stone glacier. If you like it and it works that’s what matters though.

Griz34

Lil-Rokslider
The design doesn’t compare to the exo, kifaru, mystery ranch or stone glacier. If you like it and it works that’s what matters though.

You're wrong. I understand some of that hate that gets thrown at Kuiu, but I find most of it comes from fanboys of other companies that have never owned a Kuiu. I own a Kuiu Icon pro 3200, Kifaru Duplex with Mountain Rambler, and a Exo 2000. I really like all of them. I haven't hauled weight with the Exo yet but the other two will easily handle over 100 pounds and have packed out several critters. I use my Kuiu on several hunts every year over my Kifaru. I'm not sure why some losers need to read a post about a guy who likes his pack and insult his choice. Why not just read it and move on.

Sent from my Galaxy s7 via the U.S. Postal Service

Bcole82

FNG
You're wrong. I understand some of that hate that gets thrown at Kuiu, but I find most of it comes from fanboys of other companies that have never owned a Kuiu. I own a Kuiu Icon pro 3200, Kifaru Duplex with Mountain Rambler, and a Exo 2000. I really like all of them. I haven't hauled weight with the Exo yet but the other two will easily handle over 100 pounds and have packed out several critters. I use my Kuiu on several hunts every year over my Kifaru. I'm not sure why some losers need to read a post about a guy who likes his pack and insult his choice. Why not just read it and move on.

Ohhh check out the Internet tough guy, insults on the internet are always entertaining. Kuiu’s design is not anywhere near as solid as the rest of the top packs, I could give two shits what your personnel opinion is. The frame is a joke compared to any other big name pack, save the insults for someone you’re talking to face to face otherwise you just look like a spineless coward.

Griz34

Lil-Rokslider
Ohhh check out the Internet tough guy, insults on the internet are always entertaining. Kuiu’s design is not anywhere near as solid as the rest of the top packs, I could give two shits what your personnel opinion is. The frame is a joke compared to any other big name pack, save the insults for someone you’re talking to face to face otherwise you just look like a spineless coward.

I'm just saying you're wrong. I've tried most and still own three of them. How many have you tried?

Bcole82

FNG
Well considering I’ve used all of them I’d say I have a dog in this fight. Of course it’s mostly personnel preference but the overwhelming view of Kuiu packs is the same as mine I’d say I’m not wrong......

Griz34

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe your lying maybe you're not, but it smells to me like you're one of those guys that listened to a podcast so it makes you an expert. There seems to be a lot of that going on where dudes listen to a podcast and then go on a forum to regurgitate what they just heard. It's just my view that if dude #1 posts that he has X pack and can't get it to work for him and would like to try Y pack. Dude #2 says I have X pack and it works really well for me, maybe you need to try a different way of adjusting it. Dude #3 then comes in and instead of sharing his experience has to throw a jab at dude #2. It seems to be a little drive by douchebaggery to me. It might be more productive for all of us if we just shared our individual experiences with products instead of trying to belittle people who use something that we don't like.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member

Knock it off, both of you. Personal insults won't be tollerated.

Live2hunt custom shelters

Super Moderator
Staff member
Didn't think I was being insulting. If you took it that way I apologize. I like your tone, reminds me of my grandmother. I love my grandma.

Seriously dude?

Is "losers" a term of endearment where you come from?

Do you need to put you in time out like your grandmother would?

Griz34

Lil-Rokslider
Seriously dude?

Is "losers" a term of endearment where you come from?

Do you need to put you in time out like your grandmother would?

That was probably uncalled for. I'm pretty sure the rest of my comment was spot on. I should have left that word out.

Super Moderator
Staff member
That was probably uncalled for. I'm pretty sure the rest of my comment was spot on. I should have left that word out.

And I didn't call you out on the rest of the comment just the personal insult.

I understand that kuiu gets very little love on this site (some have good reason and some do not), which likely gets frustrating to kuiu fans. You have had good experience with kuiu and I'm certain many others have as well or they would not be in business very long, but that certainly doesn't mean everyone has had good experiences with them.

Nonetheless this is derailing the thread further. Happy hunting.