Eberlstock Team Elk

cbat

Lil-Rokslider
Any one have one of these laying around they will part with ? I have a brand new Kuiu Icon 3200 and just cant get used to it.
So thought I would like to give one of these a try.

Mntnere

FNG
I've got a icon pro 3200 and despite all the hate on the kuiu packs and frames. It's a great pack for the money and weight. The new frames I honestly don't understand the breakage unless there's something else going on ,it's pretty rigid And thick. The packs themselves " bag"closely resemble the Exo and the frames are just difference in material and design. I've had Eberlestock and they are great packs also. Just a little heavy for me. I'd see if you can make some adjustment of some sort to see if you can get the fit you need with the 3200. I love mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the team elk pack. My uncle back in IL currently has it as he will be using it out in CO on a 2nd season tag. (I upgraded to a kifaru reckoning). Where are you located, id be willing to let you try it on for a hike if you are out in CO?

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Bcole82

FNG
I've got a icon pro 3200 and despite all the hate on the kuiu packs and frames. It's a great pack for the money and weight. The new frames I honestly don't understand the breakage unless there's something else going on ,it's pretty rigid And thick. The packs themselves " bag"closely resemble the Exo and the frames are just difference in material and design. I've had Eberlestock and they are great packs also. Just a little heavy for me. I'd see if you can make some adjustment of some sort to see if you can get the fit you need with the 3200. I love mine.

You're one of five people in the world that are actually happy with a Kuiu...lol

KurtR

WKR
I had a eberlestock last year now have a Kifaru. I don't like the kuiu but would rather carry that than a eberlestock ever again.

What nobody is telling you is that Eberlestock and elk have no business being used in the same sentence. Like many packs, once you tip the scales at 70+ lbs you are suffering unless you have a higher end pack like a Kifaru, Horn Hunter, etc. You can dick around with a lot of cheaper packs but one day you will strap into a comfy high end pack and realize you wasted money, lost miles and suffered needlessly with inferior gear when in fact a quality custom pack is so much better in every way. Do yourself a favor, find someone with a high end pack that fits you and load it with heavy stuff and compare it to any cheaper pack. Believe what your body tells ya.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
What nobody is telling you is that Eberlestock and elk have no business being used in the same sentence. Like many packs, once you tip the scales at 70+ lbs you are suffering unless you have a higher end pack like a Kifaru, Horn Hunter, etc. You can dick around with a lot of cheaper packs but one day you will strap into a comfy high end pack and realize you wasted money, lost miles and suffered needlessly with inferior gear when in fact a quality custom pack is so much better in every way. Do yourself a favor, find someone with a high end pack that fits you and load it with heavy stuff and compare it to any cheaper pack. Believe what your body tells ya.

Sound advice.

Dont disagree here, which is why i upgraded to a kifaru from an eberlestock myself. Night and day difference. Dont have experience with the kuiu, but I would thibk eberlestock would be a step back.
Regardless, ill have the pack back at the end of October. If you're still interested in trying it out maybe we can work something out.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
Yeah eberlestock would be a step back from kuiu. The kuiu is a better fitting system and will carry weight better.

EastMT

WKR
I've have kuiu, eberlestock, barneys. My favorite hands down for bear/deer/antelope is eberlestock. I like the built in rifle sleeve, reach over my shoulder and draw it out. Heavy loads, 80+ for moose, caribou, elk, 10 day hike in hunts, I like the Barneys. I cut the hind quarters off an antelope had a buddy carry them, slid the entire body into my eberlestock just one. Handy and fast. I wouldn't want to carry a moose quarter in one though.

KurtR

WKR
What didn't you like about the Eberlestock ? And which pack was it ?

Had the just one and didn't listen to the advice here . They are right the eberlestock is a pain full experience . Built like a tank just does not function well with weight

I've have kuiu, eberlestock, barneys. My favorite hands down for bear/deer/antelope is eberlestock. I like the built in rifle sleeve, reach over my shoulder and draw it out. Heavy loads, 80+ for moose, caribou, elk, 10 day hike in hunts, I like the Barneys. I cut the hind quarters off an antelope had a buddy carry them, slid the entire body into my eberlestock just one. Handy and fast. I wouldn't want to carry a moose quarter in one though.

If you like the Eberlestock rifle sleeve, you'll absolutely love the Kifaru Gunbearer. Lighter, more accessible and in the shooting position in a few seconds! it also carries a bow. Kifaru is lightyears ahead of Eberlestock bud. Compare pack weights. Yeesh!!!

[video=youtube;h7B_iiglCtQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7B_iiglCtQ[/video]

Last edited:

EastMT

WKR
If you like the Eberlestock rifle sleeve, you'll absolutely love the Kifaru Gunbearer. Lighter, more accessible and in the shooting position is a few seconds! it also carries a bow. Kifaru is lightyears ahead of Eberlestock bud. Compare pack weights. Yeesh!!!

[video=youtube;h7B_iiglCtQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7B_iiglCtQ[/video]

I have tried the gun bearer and hated it. I thought it was uncomfortable, and don't like the barrel sticking in my face. I like my gun in the sleeve, I have a 6'5" wingspan, so reaching behind my neck and drawing my rifle out in one smooth motion is very fast.

Kifaru hunting frame is 3 lbs 5 oz, 5200 ci bag is 2 lbs 3 oz., bearer 4.2 oz. for a total of 6 lbs 6 oz. Just one is 6 lbs 15 oz. bearer $35, frame $376, pack $331, $742 total. Just one on sale $199.

While I agree they are lightyears ahead, I have tried buddies out and I still prefer Barneys frame for heavy loads, eberlestock for lighter loads. I even have an eberlestock sleeve on my Barneys pack! 9 oz weight savings for $543? Not for me.

I was sheep hunting with a buddy and he had his rifle in a standard carrier, me in a sleeve. When a bear busted us and started to take off, guess who quick drew the rifle and dropped it? He was still fiddling with his and I was laying in the rocks with my pack still on. Sometimes a few seconds is too many.

Strangely enough, my kifaru buddy was asking about my eberlestock while we were stalking a black bear last week.

KurtR

WKR
I am 6' and the torso was not long enough on my just one. You must be way tougher than me at 6'5" that thing has to beat the shit out of your shoulders.

EastMT

WKR
The most I've ever had in it was half a very large bull caribou, bone in, including the ribs on bone, and head/antlers. I won't even guess on weight, but I know my legs were shaking by the time we got down the hill. It was getting dark and I didn't want to leave part of it on the hill all night to get ate. That was not comfortable, but I've not carried that much weight and been "comfortable" in any pack. My biggest worry wasn't my shoulders, it was rolling an ankle walking on the basketball sized rocks, but it was only 2 miles. I would not carry it on a 15 mile sheep hunt. I carried a weighed 85 lbs 7 miles in Glacier rocks in my Barneys, and that was pretty comfortable and felt good.

dotman

WKR
I have tried the gun bearer and hated it. I thought it was uncomfortable, and don't like the barrel sticking in my face. I like my gun in the sleeve, I have a 6'5" wingspan, so reaching behind my neck and drawing my rifle out in one smooth motion is very fast.

Kifaru hunting frame is 3 lbs 5 oz, 5200 ci bag is 2 lbs 3 oz., bearer 4.2 oz. for a total of 6 lbs 6 oz. Just one is 6 lbs 15 oz. bearer $35, frame $376, pack $331, $742 total. Just one on sale $199.

While I agree they are lightyears ahead, I have tried buddies out and I still prefer Barneys frame for heavy loads, eberlestock for lighter loads. I even have an eberlestock sleeve on my Barneys pack! 9 oz weight savings for $543? Not for me.

I was sheep hunting with a buddy and he had his rifle in a standard carrier, me in a sleeve. When a bear busted us and started to take off, guess who quick drew the rifle and dropped it? He was still fiddling with his and I was laying in the rocks with my pack still on. Sometimes a few seconds is too many.

Strangely enough, my kifaru buddy was asking about my eberlestock while we were stalking a black bear last week.

On the quick draw it's obvious your buddy was flustered as the Kifaru releases and gun is ready in a second.

dotman

WKR
I am 6' and the torso was not long enough on my just one. You must be way tougher than me at 6'5" that thing has to beat the shit out of your shoulders.

No crap, I'm 5'11 and the blue widow made both of my arms go numb.