Eberlstock Team Elk

I have 2 eberlestocks and use them for scouting( Cameras), that is it.
Oh and loaners to guys who want to hunt with me that I don't really want to hunt with me.
To be fair, I tell them they need a decent pack, but if they cant afford it, I have one they can borrow, so in reality I was being honest

I used the X2 for 2 years and the X1A2 I believe.
Decent with minimal weight- terrible loaded after a 2 mile jaunt

My X1 sucked, hurt, made me sweat and there was no way I could draw my bow or rifle by reaching back...gotta have arms like an orangutan to manage that. It's a loaner pack now. I can bring my bow or rifle to bear in 2-3 seconds using the Gunbearer...no looking back.

View attachment 57703 (Shown on Kifaru DT1)
View attachment 57704 (Shown on Kifaru UL Hunter frame w/ CP, Guide lid and med pouches)

I currently have an Eberlestock X1 Euro and it is great for rifle carry and very marginal for packing 50 pounds of antelope. I also have a Kuiu Icon 5200 that fits really well. My only issue with it is at heavier loads the packs slides down my back no matter how tight I get the hip belt. The pads on the belt are very stiff, there's no grip to the lumbar pad but I love the bag and all its pockets. I also just bought a Kifaru 26" tactical frame. This is the greatest frame I've ever had. Even with 50 pound sand bags on it, it still carries very comfortable. So I did what any DIY'r would do I made a pack for my Kifaru frame that has a built in rifle scabbard. It's kind of a cross between a Kifaru and a Eberlestock.

Either way, take everyone's advice. Get a Kifaru, Stone Glacier or Mystery Ranch. Buy once, cry once.

Just my 2 cents and worth the price charged.

Either way, take everyone's advice. Get a Kifaru, Stone Glacier or Mystery Ranch. Buy once, cry once.

Just my 2 cents and worth the price charged.

Add EXO to the list. I absolutely love mine. Been training for my upcoming WY Elk hunt all summer and lately have been hauling 90lbs twice a week for the last 4 weeks with zero issues.

cbeard64

WKR
I have 3 Eberlestock packs (J107 Dragonfly, Just One, and X1A2).
I have a Kifaru Timberline and Spike camp, and an Arcteryx Altra 65.

I hunt with the Eberlestocks. The rifle scabbard, simply put, more than makes up for every other shortcoming the packs may have compared to the others. Carrying the rifle on the shoulder, strapping it to the pack, the GunBearer, Crooked Horn's "system"...... I've tried them all. They are not even in the same league as the scabbard. I find the packs almost as comfortable as my Kifaru. But I don't pack more than 50 lbs anymore.

I'm not sure I could have made the 1500' climb to get above my ram this year without the rifle scabbard and having both hands completely free.

CalonDale

FNG
I have a Team elk pack that has only been used once on a antelope hunt. If your interested in it pm me

ATR1

FNG
I just purchased a "Team Elk " back pack from Cabelas and after reading these post I feel I may of made a mistake?
We don't typically go to far in to wilderness do to we hunt on private land surrounded by BLM, but when it gets hot we have to hike out to them that's when the pack frame portion will come in handy. So the weather always dictates our hunts. I will go research this Kifaru Pack.

RANGER3BN

FNG
I've used 3 Eberlestock packs, one being the Team Elk pack, from offerings on both the hunting and tactical sides in an effort to find the right fit....and I have finally learned my lesson.

muddydogs

WKR
I just purchased a "Team Elk " back pack from Cabelas and after reading these post I feel I may of made a mistake?
We don't typically go to far in to wilderness do to we hunt on private land surrounded by BLM, but when it gets hot we have to hike out to them that's when the pack frame portion will come in handy. So the weather always dictates our hunts. I will go research this Kifaru Pack.

I would give the pack a try as it seems a lot of guys posting here have no clue how to set up or wear a pack. I'm 6'10" and have no problem hiking miles upon miles with my Dragonfly J107 and have packed 6 elk out without a problem, never had shoulder problems with the pack. I never liked the gun tube in the pack but it does make a handy spot to store rain gear and pack cover. I did purchase a Mystery Ranch pack this year as I am looking to cut weight anyway I can.

KurtR

WKR
Well then please explain to us how to set up a pack. I did every thing eberlestock said and my just one does not carry the weight any wear near as good as the kifaru or my friends MR that i tried out.

EastMT

WKR
This is my favorite way to set it up.....,bloody. I grab straps, tighten er down, get to moving. If it hurts, move faster, then it doesn't hurt as long.
44af6e6ed18e76e9c05dc6570f45f244.png

That's a perfect picture to illustrate why the eberlestock packs are inferior to EXO, Kifaru etc.
Awesome 'bou though man!

KurtR

WKR
man my shoulders hurt just looking at that picture. Brings back memories glad i now have functioning load lifters

I used an Eberlestock X2 for several years. Very tough and well built pack, but hated carrying anything over about 30 pounds with it. Spent the money on a Kifaru and it has been a night and day difference. Life is too short to pack meat with non-functioning load lifters.

I used an Eberlestock X2 for several years. Very tough and well built pack, but hated carrying anything over about 30 pounds with it. Spent the money on a Kifaru and it has been a night and day difference. Life is too short to pack meat with non-functioning load lifters.

Same issue here with the x2. My shoulders have never hurt so much. I do still use it for whitetail hunting. I currently have an ICON 5200. Good pack for the money and very comfortable. Previous poster said it slips easily with a heavy load, and I agree.. It has been a great pack so far aside from that. great pockets and very easy to organize. I filled it up heading into our spike camp and even my brother was impressed by how much I could get in it. My goal this year was to have nothing hanging on the outside. with a full camp loaded up. I do wish it had stickier material on the waist belt. I believe the pro series does.