TSA guidelines with Metal frame packs as carryon

Unoboats

WKR
Just checking to see if anyone experience any difficulty using a EXO K2000 as a carry on bag, because of the titanium frame.

KD32

FNG
Used my 3500 as carry on, flew the last week of August. No issues at all.

OP
Unoboats

Unoboats

WKR
Thanks for the reply. was concerned with the titanium frame

Trial153

WKR
I have used several frame packs as carry on bags..twice this year already and never had any issue...expect stuffing it in the over head.

GotDraw?

WKR
my EXO 3500 has flown carry on many times. No probs RE metal frame. Only prob was once when a gate agent having a bad day made me take off the lid and use that as my "personal item" because the bag was a little large. Had to take off the padded belt too, so I one upped her and wore it as a belt. She was not pleased but couldn't stop me.

JL

jherald

WKR
my EXO 3500 has flown carry on many times. No probs RE metal frame. Only prob was once when a gate agent having a bad day made me take off the lid and use that as my "personal item" because the bag was a little large. Had to take off the padded belt too, so I one upped her and wore it as a belt. She was not pleased but couldn't stop me.

JL

That's just ridiculous. I always hate how they have free reign to interpret the rules however they please at whatever mood strikes them at whatever time of day.

jherald

WKR
I've flown with mine probably 50 times in state here in Alaska on Alaska Airlines, never had an issue.