Exo 5500 questions

FNG
I was hoping to get some feedback on the Exo 5500. I currently have an EMR2 on a duplex that I use
for everything. I want to switch bags as I feel I have to manage it a lot getting in and out of it. I like the look of the EXO
bag and it is what I have been looking for. If I go with the 5500 over the 3500 will it compress down and still be fully
functional? I like to be tight and streamlined in daypack mode but still have access to the bag and side pockets. Any general info about the Exo packs in general would be appreciated.

I love my 3500, my hunting partner got the 5500, and when compressed, i can tell almost no difference between our two bags..with that said, makes me wish i would have gotten the 5500 from the get go, oh well live and learn.
beyond that, i've had the 'pleasure' of packing an elk out with one and it was a dream.
I do overnights with it from time to time, but to be honest, it's used as a day pack most of the time and it rocks for that. Just this past season I used it to carry in my climbing tree stand with all of my other gear for a day hunt.

twall13

WKR
I have an Exo 5500 on a Kifaru frame and really like the Exo bags. They offer pretty good access when cinched down for daypack mode. The main bag side access zipper isn't the easiest to use (unbuckle straps before accessing zipper, etc.) but when in daypack mode I don't typically need to access the main bag with all of the exterior pockets and lid.

As stated above, I can tell no difference between the 5500 and 3500 when cinched down for daypack mode.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Go 5500 all the way!! Compresses down just like 3500. I love mine I can do everything in it from day packing to what it was ment to do.

colersu22

WKR
Not to hijack but How hard was it to put that eco on the kifaru frame?

The pics don't work anymore but this is a good thread. I ordered the strap kit and buckles from Kifaru then it was just a matter of cutting off the female buckles from the exo bag and installing the slotted female buckles. Works really well and took about 5 min to cut the buckles off and replace them/get bag installed. With photobucket down I haven't taken the time to figure out how to post pictures or I would throw some up for you.

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/diy-gear-modifications/36022-exokifaru-franken-pack-3500-5500-a.html

twall13

WKR
That's the thread I followed to put mine together. It's pretty easy and goes together incredibly well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk