Kuiu bags on kifaru frame

I have a 26" kifaru hunting frame. Currently, I am running a woodsman bag on it. Not a huge fan of the woodsman bag. Nothing really wrong with it, its a great bag and functional, just don't like it for whatever reason. Love the Kifaru frame/suspension. I have a Kuiu 1850 bag and a Kuiu 6000 bag, both of which I really like the layout and weight of. I would like to attach these to my Kifaru frame with minimal alterations if possible. I did a search on here and saw that some have done this, but the photos are no longer showing (stupid photobucket). Anyone got some good links/photos of attaching Kuiu bags to Kifaru frames? I want the 1850 as a whitetail daypack but I would like to attach it to the frame for meat hauling capabilities. I do a fair amount of hunting on public land for whitetails and I will not drag a deer 1-2miles, I will quarter and carry out. I like having a dedicated day bag and do not like compressing larger bags. I've tried and just don't really like it. The 6000 bag will be for extended backpacking trips in the spring and summer and for elk hunting. Thanks.

banishd

FNG
ive had my 6000 on a kifaru frame for a year. works ok, but i just ordered a kifaru setup today. i found tears in my kuiu bag packing up today between the top lid strap and 1st horizontal compression strap.

There's an old thread talking about this very issue. It can fairly easily be done, especially with the new double side opening K-clips that you can get from Kifaru. Just use them to attach the loops at the top of the bag to the loops at the top of the frame.

All the old pictures don't work, but maybe SHTF can post a link or something.

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/diy-...cal-frame-kuiu-7200-icon-pro-bag-project.html

R_burg

WKR
SHTF did it, I PM'd with him about it.

He got it to work well, but he also recommended you didnt load the bag down with weight. For an 1850 or even a Icon Pro 3200, assuming you have lighter gear, you should be fine, but I dont think he would recommend you use his setup with the 6000 bag.

Of course, I shouldn't speak for him, but I am just trying to help.