Seek Outside Pack

mt100gr.

WKR
It's not as complicated as you are making it. Revolution packs fit a seek frame, belt and harness(the tubing and harness) with a revolution frame panel on it. This also allows for the breakaway feature. These are similar to any pack with a load shelf system. Think of the revolution frame as a SG frame or Kifaru frame. That's what the revolution panel does. The non revo bags use the exact same tubing and harness - the tubing just mates with attachments on the pack bag. No load shelf.

You could have your harness, the frame (tubing structure), a revo panel and revo bag, and a non revo bag and use it all. I think the hangup here is the term "frame". The frame in the context of the seek pack is just the U shaped tubing. The harness and belt are not the frame - at least it's easier for me to think of this way.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’ve pondered a brooks seek pack for my guiding. Maybe teach this old dog a new trick. Tried to follow this thread. This is a mess. I can’t keep any of this straight. No field test opportunities, no try it return it if it sucks, no store to go look at them, no way I’m risking the money on a system I can’t understand online. I’ll just stick with the system I have.

Your risk is essentially zero with our 30 day return policy as long as you return in it in like new condition. We do swaps and adjustments all the time.

As far as understanding, it is super simple. We have an integrated platform and a breakaway platform. The suspension is the same on both. You can change from an integrated to a breakaway if you want as show in video below. A breakaway platform is the only one that allows the bag to pull away from the suspension.

[video=youtube_share;UoF8IrD-4M8]https://youtu.be/UoF8IrD-4M8[/video]

As far as gatekeepers vs fastex style, no one that has been using gatekeepers has been complaining. If you don't like gatekeeprs it is super simple to change to fastex .. just take two gatekeeper straps and add the fastex and use them as one compression strap.

Thanks
Kevin

BRWNBR

WKR
Lol well nothing I use for 30 days is gonna come back like new. Unless I wear it around the living room, even then at least one of my six kids would spill something on it. Lol

For 20 years my pack is a frame with a bag. Pocket layout that works and 6 total buckles and straps. No load shelf, breakaway anything, lids, or moveable bag. No matter what I’m doing i load it in the bag and close the lid. The system is simple enough to adjust at home on your own. Without YouTube.
With a set up like that maybe you can see how all this is confusing the crap outa me. There’s a thread devoted
To this one brand and it took the OP like four months to figure out what he wanted. Maybe if you could walk into a store it would take 4 minutes? I’d imagine in person all this is much easier to grasp. Not trying to be a pain in the butt, I was merely agreeing with one of the posts on how confusing trying to read and understand all this is and because of the complexity and lack of simplicity (which is all relative) I haven’t decided to drop several hundred bucks on a experiment.
I appreciate your willingness to try and dumb it down for me and the videos. They do help.

coues32

WKR
Revolution would be the same if you unpinned your bag from the frame. But would have the option to put the load between the two.
Unaweep doesn't have that option.

My next pack will be the Brooks with Revolution frame.

BRWNBR

WKR
Revolution would be the same if you unpinned your bag from the frame. But would have the option to put the load between the two.
Unaweep doesn't have that option.

My next pack will be the Brooks with Revolution frame.

Ahhhhh I think I see. Doesn’t shifting the pack farther out and adding meat between you and your current load mess up your balance point? Requiring you to lean forward more to compensate for the new weight leaning farther off your back?

I don’t like tying gear on the outside of my current bag for that reason. I’d rather take the load a little higher than a little wider.
So for me the unaweep with brooks bag would be more what I like?

coues32

WKR
With the Brooks being a Unaweep bag, that option isn't there,hopefully it will be available b4 I order. That said I want the frame to be able to run with no bag or small bag for hauling elk quartersoon, horns, ect..

Pretty sure revolution will fit any bag they offer at only a few extra ounces.

coues32

WKR
Brooks bag would be the same as your Barneys pack, meat,hide inside and close the top..

BRWNBR

WKR
Nice part about my Barney bag is moose quarters fit inside the bag. It’s the only pack a 10’ brown bear will fit inside. That I’ve seen anyway.
Never wanted to own a pack small enough that my intention was to move it outa the way to carry stuff. That’s a concept I’m still trying to get my head around.

Ok so I am understanding brooks a bit better. Relatively small main bag is the issue now that I see a lot of the volume is the side pockets.

OP
Rokwiia

Rokwiia

WKR
With a set up like that maybe you can see how all this is confusing the crap outa me. There’s a thread devoted To this one brand and it took the OP like four months to figure out what he wanted. Maybe if you could walk into a store it would take 4 minutes? I’d imagine in person all this is much easier to grasp. Not trying to be a pain in the butt, I was merely agreeing with one of the posts on how confusing trying to read and understand all this is and because of the complexity and lack of simplicity (which is all relative) I haven’t decided to drop several hundred bucks on a experiment.
I appreciate your willingness to try and dumb it down for me and the videos. They do help.

In the interest of accuracy, I knew I wanted either the Unaweep 6,300 or Revolution Fortress 6,300. I just couldn't decide which platform to get.

Seek Outside is always innovating and introduced several new packs last year. I will not be using the new pack until late March of this year so I had no reason to pull the trigger too soon. I would preserve all of my options by waiting until now just in case some new pack came out that I couldn't live without. I'm absolutely thrilled with my choice.

Sounds like you want something on the Revolution platform.

BRWNBR

WKR
In the interest of accuracy, I knew I wanted either the Unaweep 6,300 or Revolution Fortress 6,300. I just couldn't decide which platform to get.

Seek Outside is always innovating and introduced several new packs last year. I will not be using the new pack until late March of this year so I had no reason to pull the trigger too soon. I would preserve all of my options by waiting until now just in case some new pack came out that I couldn't live without. I'm absolutely thrilled with my choice.

Sounds like you want something on the Revolution platform.

Gotcha. Sorry for mis using the information. I did not understand.

OP
Rokwiia

Rokwiia

WKR
No problem at all. We're all in this to learn and teach, share and help. You getting the best backpack for your specific needs is what all of us want.

For what it's worth, I've done all my time here learning, rather than teaching or sharing, and this forum provides the opportunity for that to occur. Hopefully, I can return the favor and pass along my own insights once I get the Revolution and get out with it a few times.

BRWNBR

WKR
Ya I find I left my gear addiction behind a long time ago. I enjoy being out there hunting more than I do researching gear. If my current stuff works I have a hard time motivating myself to try new things. Luke moffatt is my gear encyclopedia. Lol
I finally went to a quilt here two years ago and love it!! But it took me a long time to change and that was with an obvious two pound weight savings. And 50% discount on the quilt otherwise it wouldn’t have happened.
This forum has some real gearheads in it, I’ll be the first
To admit I can’t keep up. It’s overwhelming.

Btaylor

WKR
I have read reviews other places on the unaweep that you can collapse the bag and haul meat between the bag and talon. What kind of weight is that setup functional with?

sndmn11

WKR
Nice part about my Barney bag is moose quarters fit inside the bag. It’s the only pack a 10’ brown bear will fit inside. That I’ve seen anyway.

Ok so I am understanding brooks a bit better. Relatively small main bag is the issue now that I see a lot of the volume is the side pockets.

The main bag is 5000ci.

FURMAN

WKR
I love my Peregrine 3500 and Broadwing 7000. They are not perfect but both are great bags. I love that they are water proof even at the expense of the extra noise. I HATE the gatekeepers. I hated them on the Kuiu packs and I still hate them. Buckles are just easier.

MTSabo

WKR
I got the revolution fortress 6300 late this fall. Havent tested the main bag out but I have extensively used the frame with the merlin talon for predator hunting. I find the gatekeepers to be ok. I haven't fallen in love with them but I don't dislike them either. I can manipulate them just fine even in -30 temps with gloves and mittens on.

MTSabo

WKR
I have not pulled on one till it broke as a test, but I don't see them easily breaking either. Ive cranked on them pretty tight The one downfall I can see is if you don't close one then try to take a load on it, it will definitely will break then. They are so much lighter then buckles I don't mind carrying a couple extra if I make that mistake.