Quandary Upgrade?

gjviii

Lil-Rokslider
I posted this in the Kifaru forum as well, but still looking for more info

As i am new to Kifaru, and not truly familiar with all of their offerings, i am looking for a replacement for my Quandary. I believe i want the same functionality, but in something larger. As a little background, I hunt with either a Fulcrum or a Reckoning, depending on the size i need. I purchased the Quandary, primarily for bike rides, hikes and trips with my family. i normally throw water, snacks and jackets in it and become the Mule for the family. On most hikes, i end up carrying out more weight than i start with due to my son's ever growing rock collection. I have found that the Quandary is just a little small. I do like the straps/belt on it and did not want to use my tactical frame with a larger bag, due to the size and not being able to use it during simple bike riding and small trips.
I have read many posts and it seems there may be a new round of 'tactical' bags coming, does anyone know if there will be anything that will fit my needs?
With this information, what direction would you point me?
Thanks for any information given.

I have read many posts and it seems there may be a new round of 'tactical' bags coming, does anyone know if there will be anything that will fit my needs?
Highly doubtful.

I suggest you look at the xray, urban zippy or antero. All the same size but slightly different features. All will work for your situation.

Lyontra

FNG
You want the X-ray. I tried the 14'r, Urban Zippy, and the X-ray for pretty much the purpose you are talking about as well as a travel bag and a day hunt/coyote, turkey bag. The 14'r was just a little big for the park and zoo trips and the urban Zippy was not great with heavier loads even with the frame sheet. The X-ray fits the role pretty well and if you have more than usua weight just slap on the waist belt and you are good to go. I wish they made an internal frame bag with around 20" stays but maybe one day. For now the X-ray is doing its job pretty nicely. In addition to slightly taller stays I wish it didn't have the molle and just bottle pockets on the sides like the urban Zippy. I had David of Native Textiles make me some pockets for the sides of the X-ray for that purpose and am still waiting for those to get in.

wesfromky

WKR
The Antero is also worth a look, I love mine. Might also take a look at HPG as well.