Kifaru Belts - Old vs New

BrentH

WKR
Do the new belts have the same number of Pals slots as the old ones, given they are the same size belt?

Bought a hunting frame in January 2016 with a small belt, sold it earlier this year, and just received my new frame with the new style belt, but I have one less slot of Pals attachments, and the belt seems smaller. I called Kifaru yesterday just before they were closing, so I didn’t want to take a bunch of their time, but he was able to confirm the pack I ordered in 2016, I ordered with a small belt. Wondering if the design change of the belt has something to do with it, or if maybe my 2016 frame accidentally shipped with a medium belt. I’ll call them again Monday, but was seeing what info I could gather here in the meantime.

I wear size 32-33” waist pants, but on this new belt, the padding just barely goes past the point of my hip bone.

Gumbo

WKR
I have 6 rows of PAL webbing on both my old-style and new-style small belts. I also have "smedium" with 6 rows. Don't know about the medium. I wear 33 pants too and the smalls are great for me, the smedium works too, but I could easily see bottoming it out with a real heavy load.

OP
BrentH

BrentH

WKR
I have 6 rows of PAL webbing on both my old-style and new-style small belts. I also have "smedium" with 6 rows. Don't know about the medium. I wear 33 pants too and the smalls are great for me, the smedium works too, but I could easily see bottoming it out with a real heavy load.
Thanks for that. My old belt had 6 rows as well (I could fit my holster and a water bottle pocket). This new belt has 6 rows, but only 5 are useable because the strap is sewn on top of the last row. If I take the belt off the pack, will it actually say the size somewhere?

Hope this helps. My medium has 7 rows and 6 usable.
5403821de812c5b1ec79415de6b72faa.jpg
0cb1d80a7c3cb6939cb3ea82c1361d66.jpg

Just my 2 cents and worth the price charged.

Last edited:

Davebuech

WKR
I have a small belt too w 6 rows and only 5 usable due to overstitching on the last row.

Thanks for that. My old belt had 6 rows as well (I could fit my holster and a water bottle pocket). This new belt has 6 rows, but only 5 are useable because the strap is sewn on top of the last row. If I take the belt off the pack, will it actually say the size somewhere?

OP
BrentH

BrentH

WKR
Thanks for all the responses guys. I should add, my old belt had 6 useable. I’m assuming it must have had a 7th row that the belt was stitched on, but I don’t have any good pictures to confirm that. So, it’s starting to seem like the first belt may have actually been a medium.