Daypack help

WestNE

WKR
I just bought a new MR Scapegoat 35 and love the most things about it but am realizing it's not going to work so I need some help coming up with an alternative.

First off, I mistakenly bought the pack with a medium belt, I'm a 36-38 and it works but I don't have much room. Second, I'm extremely disorganized and have found a shove-it pocket is a must. If I don't have a place to put gear in a hurry I either leave it or the inside of my pack is a trainwreck at the end of the day. That said, some internal organization would be nice. I would like to keep capacity between 1800-2500. Another non-negotiable is front access, I know that complicates the shove-it but I've seen options.

Payload isn't a huge concern though it would be handy to attach a deer quarter or two if I'm in a pinch. Any more will be handled with a frame pack. I am 6'2 with shorter legs and a long torso so adjustability is a necessity.

Budget wise I maxed it with the Scapegoat so I need to be able to trade or sell and buy without any more investment.

Any thoughts on where I should look next?

Nick

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

LostArra

WKR
Used Mystery Ranch Big Horn is a little big but meets your other requirements including the Stick It pocket.

awaldro7

Lil-Rokslider
I just finished a week long Newfoundland moose hunt with my MR scapegoat 25 and loved the pack. Good luck in your search

OP
WestNE

WestNE

WKR
The Bighorn looks about ideal except for the size, I have had one trizip pack (knockoff) and loved the design.

Thanks for the info guys. I am scouring the classifieds and ebay but if anyone knows the whereabouts of one of these used and up for trade I would appreciate the info.

Thanks guys!
Nick

OP
WestNE

WestNE

WKR
Problem solved, I found a smoking deal on a MR 3dap and l think I'm done looking at last. Same great harness as the Scapegoat, more organization and the trizip layout.
Thanks for the help.
Nick

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk