Cargo panel on SG?

Anyone messed around with attaching a cargo panel on a SG frame?

Still trying to figure which pack to go with, like the versatility of a cargo panel and a native or pockets for day hunts and hauling tree stands all summer and meat during the hunt. But also like he reviews on the SG frame.

I don't think the SG meat shelf is going to be a good hauler for stands.

Watching videos it looks like a K cargo panel might connect well to SG frame...

Thoughts?

Anyone hauling big tree stands with their SG between pack and frame?

dplantz

Lil-Rokslider
I don't treestands, but I've seen them first hand folded down, and I can't imagine why the sg meat shelf, with a couple additional straps going across (which you can easily do without any bag attached) wouldn't work perfect

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

i've hauled my lonewolf in the meatshelf on an stone glacier krux with a serac bag. worked great.
i've also done it with a cargo panel/duplex. native would be a good option as well.
do yourself a favor and buy a stand that folds flat. it makes all the difference.

blutooth

Lil-Rokslider
I don't have any experience with the Kifaru cargo panel but I can easily carry a lone wolf climber with my SG, with or without a bag attached. Without a bag attached you will have the shelf itself and 3 straps across the stand. When you add a bag you will have 2 webbing to ladderlock attachments from the top of the frame that would go over or through the stand depending on the height of the stand.

What kind of stand are you moving? If the stand doesn't fold flat like mentioned above it would like work better to not use a bag as well and strap through the stand.

OP
S
What kind of stand are you moving? If the stand doesn't fold flat like mentioned above it would like work better to not use a bag as well and strap through the stand.

We run millineium M100Us. They fold flat but are very tall and wide. And because of how big the seat is and how it folds, I have to attach by going over the top and on the out side, can't easily put webbing through to lash it tight. The primary purpose of the bag would be to use it to haul stands, gear, steps, ropes, cameras, etc. all summer as we run 7-10 stands. Then use it as a day pack during season to hunt and haul meat. Then take all the stands down. Not looking for pack that will do it ok or well on occasion but as primary. Thus the reason for looking for a cargo type attachment.

Can the load shelf attachments on the SG be rigged to connect to the top of the frame as opposed to the sides as shown in the pictures and demo videos?

the straps on the krux load shelf are angled towards the side. you could put some buckles on top of the frame but you would really being pulling on those straps at an angle that they're not meant to be. the load shelf on the krux also may not work that well for really wide stands. i would have to let the straps all the way out to get my lonewolf in there.

for what you're describing i would probably go duplex/cargo panel. having all the various attachment points on the frame make it more versatile.

OP
S
Thanks. That's kind of what I figured. Hoping I can get a kifaru frame to work for me. I haven't tried it yet, have just read and know some guys where several guys have had problems with the kifaru belts slipping. I'm pretty small, 5'6 and 29 waist. Excited to get one on and start playing with one. Not being able to look at them both side by side and try in the different frames, makes it harder to decide which direction to go. Looks like I need to make a call to the kifaru guys.

blutooth

Lil-Rokslider
I'm sure you will be happy with either system, but I was switching my bags around and took some pictures of the attachement points on the frame. Basically the SG has 3 webbing strips per side, 2 on the top and 2 on the bottom. Not including the webbing for the load shelf. I googled the Kifaru cargo panel and it looks like you would just need to add buckles to the top and bottom webbings and the cargo panel should attach.

This picture shows the webbing available (it doesn't show the load shelf webbing very well.

e1eac21b74ec74371f44f7dd006766e0.jpg

OP
S
That's exactly the type of photo Inwas looking for. Thank you for taking the time to post that!

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know nothing about tree stands but thought this might help. Load shelf fully open is about 10” deep.
6241cddcb66e996199b0000ff3c864a2.jpg

Also in the other photo the buckles don’t match mine. I have male ends on the top and middle straps and no buckles on the bottom, both sides identical. They are easy to swap by pulling the strap through and probably come set up for the specific bag attatched. Just wanted to point that out as an easy spot to put compatible buckles. If you need more length SG sells strap extensions.

Edit: extension straps are for side compression not the load shelf.