Kifaru accessories constantly falling off!

I have several kifaru packs, most newer (14'r reckoning 22mag) and the dadgum accessories keep coming off. The belt pouches are the main offenders, I haven't lost one yet but sooner or later I will. Usually just one or two tabs come undone before I catch it.
On my last hunt I straight up lost my brand new gun bearer after a stalk, i doubt thats covered under warranty.
It had already fallen off several times and I had to retrace my steps to find it.
Couldn't find it the last time.

First off, yes i am dead sure they were attached correctly, even the gun bearer.

Second i rearrange the belt pouches frequently depending what I am doing . I have noticed the connections getting slightly looser there more I interchange them.
Are they meant to be interchanged? Or is it a one and done situation?

The breaking point seemed to be my last hunt where everything was soaking wet for a number of days. The pockets were coming undone almost constantly and i just ended up disconnecting them and throwing them in the bag rather than fiddle with them or wonder if they were still there.
The gun bearer popped loose a few times nearly dumping my gun on the rocks. Im just glad i don't keep a round in the chamber.

And yes I am 100% sure they were connected correctly.

Im about ready to jump the fence to a tidier system, part of the appeal to kifaru was the modularity but if I have to zip tie the pockets down to make them behave it kind of defeats the purpose

And yes i am 100% sure they were connected correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ho le fuk are u in for a shit storm. I use a stone glacier simple and effective. Maybe its just me but I don't get kifuru and the 1000 configuratios and bags attached everywhere. Also don't want my meat mixed in with my gear.

I suggest you take pics of your attachment and the pals webbing for us to see.
I have every pouch they make almost, incl a gun bearer and have never had anything fall off, and I over load everything. I am surprised the stitching doesn't rip on some of them.
lol

Sorry for your issues, but a resolution will come.

Randle

WKR
I have had a couple pockets detach on my packs, only only or 2 points though. . Not sure why. Luckily I did lose any.

colonel00

WKR
Yes, pictures would definitely help. With the pockets or whatever installed and the 3 bar slider turned sideways, it shouldn't fit through the slot. However, I just looked at mine and some of the loops do allow the slider through. Also, are you flipping the slider up once it's through so it is basically folded up on the webbing?

LctuAIYqNTORuH7yV5fb1T5R_bgZwMilJ2iEsK2uwLP25j50kDxwYEJ6hw661LXWHC7ipMwqRydKedbSXITJTBgjLOUYYEEvh1oU2u5YqkcS3xt92QRCRLtv8LneQcnDSf9Ex1NSbt21xC9g9GR12rvdAddwqPUkLV5sDPieVrhsn_8Pr54ThuVnaOQftucqTzFrITQC5792XIlclgbfrw8cl4c3OntovT6PePDoaddIQxy6RTOA5mwN7HDZlRaR7b7pMi2VgrnzA251HcGHxXXAVFmexDajnjZamEl8Yxpu6OP6wgV4oPNK6MC0fjKU4PQb15lR5tDM1owTDNQKN9soIQiQAClnTlO0rJbenwY5cJZY1I_l17NR_pUcqOzF6Cq11jWnNSLEQlxn0DRoBVf2JQyj7m8t3Z9EqghKD8DmyEQIDc-tGwKjlSFraQQuHQ2rPY1WmDKYfb41V0kAOE96tw4sU4qB_KzBJ_iZgTakcx58v1ztaJIoyVnMVnBJEIbTYbIF3xmCUdsM8y3mqRMtIrTBr6Xro6Oqg6ApFdpjTpH8vLTNnZx4XIJwaCFyTjjjSv6bRMVSm3suzod458X_8UnR14mVoKZj0EF5oTDNXUKmT0QTvFAAhF24TmavqKmfRYmk6EbXl5M0o1sPoijkRRqasn4r-arv=w1440-h810-no

Also, are they coming off when getting caught on stuff when you are moving? Just seems like it would take a lot of force to cause any of these to come loose.

Well I Pack 100 pounds for training and 55-65 for multiple trips for 2 years including a gun bearer and not once have I ever had an issue.
Push the 3 bar slider thru vertically turn back horizontal and slide the one edge over the webbing.
I usually run one coming down from the top and the other coming up from the bottom. Two different patterns that have never failed.
Maybe a spacing issue on the webbing

Last edited:
OP
skaldugwas
Yes, pictures would definitely help. With the pockets or whatever installed and the 3 bar slider turned sideways, it shouldn't fit through the slot. However, I just looked at mine and some of the loops do allow the slider through. Also, are you flipping the slider up once it's through so it is basically folded up on the webbing?

LctuAIYqNTORuH7yV5fb1T5R_bgZwMilJ2iEsK2uwLP25j50kDxwYEJ6hw661LXWHC7ipMwqRydKedbSXITJTBgjLOUYYEEvh1oU2u5YqkcS3xt92QRCRLtv8LneQcnDSf9Ex1NSbt21xC9g9GR12rvdAddwqPUkLV5sDPieVrhsn_8Pr54ThuVnaOQftucqTzFrITQC5792XIlclgbfrw8cl4c3OntovT6PePDoaddIQxy6RTOA5mwN7HDZlRaR7b7pMi2VgrnzA251HcGHxXXAVFmexDajnjZamEl8Yxpu6OP6wgV4oPNK6MC0fjKU4PQb15lR5tDM1owTDNQKN9soIQiQAClnTlO0rJbenwY5cJZY1I_l17NR_pUcqOzF6Cq11jWnNSLEQlxn0DRoBVf2JQyj7m8t3Z9EqghKD8DmyEQIDc-tGwKjlSFraQQuHQ2rPY1WmDKYfb41V0kAOE96tw4sU4qB_KzBJ_iZgTakcx58v1ztaJIoyVnMVnBJEIbTYbIF3xmCUdsM8y3mqRMtIrTBr6Xro6Oqg6ApFdpjTpH8vLTNnZx4XIJwaCFyTjjjSv6bRMVSm3suzod458X_8UnR14mVoKZj0EF5oTDNXUKmT0QTvFAAhF24TmavqKmfRYmk6EbXl5M0o1sPoijkRRqasn4r-arv=w1440-h810-no

Also, are they coming off when getting caught on stuff when you are moving? Just seems like it would take a lot of force to cause any of these to come loose.

That is exactly how I attach them, even make sure the webbing is laying perfectly flat and not bunched up on the sliders.

I attached the gun bearer per instructions provided.

I could take a picture but there really isnt anything visually out of order.
Can't take a pic of the gun bearer because its gone.

Seems to happen more when the bag isn't packed full, but on the last hunt it was crammed to the gills with meat and gear and it was still happening although I blame it on getting soaked.

Seems like they come off randomly. like if i'm jostling the pack while putting it on or taking it off (which happened alot last time)

colonel00

WKR
Hmm, hard to say really. Perhaps the attachment points were stitched a little looser or something. Only thing I can think is to suggest contacting Kifaru and see if they can be of assistance. You might have to send the pack to them so they can check the stitching and any possible slop/play in the webbing.

I find it strange that you choose to post on here about your problem prior to contacting Kifaru about your problem. I am not saying that there is not an issue with the spacing of your attachment points but there are a ton of guys on this forum and multiple other forums using Kifaru set ups and I have never heard of this issue but I am not saying it couldn't happen. I am just not a fan of people posting a major issue when they haven't given the company an opportunity to fix the problem. I have been running Kifaru packs and pockets for years and have never had any of these issues. And yes I love kifaru and don't care who judges me.....

colonel00

WKR
In a reply to Shackdaddy, I an see where you are coming from. For me, the way I mount my pockets, I can't see a way they could come loose without a cliff test in a hurricane while being sucked up by a tornado. However, perhaps there is a reasonable explanation which is why I requested photos because there could be stitching issues that allow the loops to be loose. But, without the OP providing photos, the only recourse is to refer him (I assume) to call Kifaru and they will resolve this issue.

Brendan

WKR
I find it strange that you choose to post on here about your problem prior to contacting Kifaru about your problem.

I love Kifaru, have a bunch of their gear, and have no problem whatsoever about someone posting a problem like he did on a forum like this, because staff there isn't hanging out all weekend to answer questions. Seriously - there were some jokes already in the thread because they knew it was coming - but don't be that much of a fanboy.

OP - I've had one, maybe two come loose, never had them fall off like that. Only thing I can think of if you're mounting it correct is Pals webbing sewed a little loose. Have you tried different slots? Different areas of the bag to see if it's just certain areas? As above - pictures would help.

cg2737

WKR
I have had this issue a few times. It usually happens when the bag is not full. While in CO this year one of my belt pouched kept coming loose on my Fulcrum Only one or two connections would come loose). I put it back on several times and then took a minute to look at the Pals webbing. Kifaru had missed a stitch leaving a section in a row loose. I was hunting with two Rokslide members while hunting in CO, and they had also had an issue at times with pouches coming loose. I have not contacted Kifaru yet on my Fulcrum issue. If you can live without it for a while I would contact Kifaru and get it resolved. They have great customer service.

Jauwater

WKR
I’m pretty sure I’ve heard Aron Snyder mention that he’s lost a belt pouch or two while sheep hunting. I’ve experienced dock-n-locks coming loose as well. It certainly does happen, and I’ve heard of the issue more than once. But I’d agree if it’s a common problem then I’d bet there is a spacing issue between the webbing.

OP
skaldugwas
I will try and take some pics. Although the problem is common on both my reckoning and 14'r, less so on my 22 mag. Like I said its just one or two connections at a time usually, sometimes more but I usually catch it before it gets worse. One or two connections is unacceptable to me because when pack space is at a premium you now have a useless pocket for fear of donating it and its contents to the mountain... like my missing gun bearer.
Previously I was naively keeping my water filtration system in one of these pockets.

Shack daddy this has been an ongoing but minor problem that I just accepted as part of life with a kifaru. It wasn't until this last trip where it became a major issue throughout the hunt. I posted here late last night when i was packing for a hunt and realized my freaking gun bearer had fallen off yet again and was left behind.
I wanted to check and see if this was an issue for other people and how they were dealing with it since kifaru shows on youtube you just put them on and they are supposed to stay on. Maybe I missed something? Maybe you guys are zip tying them on. After all none of this stuff (besides the gun bearer ironically) comes with instructions.
I don't get the fanboy stuff. Its equipment, it has no feelings, and kifaru isn't going to DM you a discount code for sticking up for them.

OP
skaldugwas
662fed231673531d86faa04562f9f211.jpg

Here is where my gun bearer was. The web looks a little puckery but thats it

679ca2eab349da9b151415feae779268.jpg

IDK if this is recommended but if you twist the nylon strap holding the three bar slider a few times it will shorten it and allow the connection to be tight on the webbing once you turn the slider sideways. This mitigated some issues for me when a connection or two was coming loose.

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
I have also had pockets come loose. I am a Kifaru fan but don't think this system is up to the quality of all their other construction. I miss my T2 and T3...just give us some small items pockets sewn on on all packs and the need for all the add-on pockets is reduced. I am betting Kifaru would say "we really have not had an issue with that". As this thread grows it will be evident that we have!

Some times they are so tight that I have to work to pull through with a needle nose, especially on the belt. Other times they slip in loose and occasionally come off. never lost a full pocket yet but concerns me.

You can look at the pals webbing and determine if the stitching is right or not. You can also look and see if there is a difference in one are compared to another. Is it always the same areas,pouches ? Many things you can do to assess this personally.
If it was me, the first time it happened, I would've been pro active an resolved it.
I couldn't live w/o my gun bearer- that would suck. My rifle is a bit heavy, and I removed the sling, once I invested in the gun bearer. I feel for you there.
Plus losing items in a pouch, like, lighter, calls, flash light, knife , what ever would be unacceptable to me.
The good thing is can really only be the stitching and gaps in the webbing.

Verify if the attachments fit tighter in other areas.
Measure the gaps and compare across the belt.
Report back to us what you find.
It could some one else prevent a serious loss themselves.