Kifaru accessories constantly falling off!

without personally measuring the gaps in your webbing, and just visualizing from your pics, I'd say those gaps are definitely varying by 1/8".
But the one that was used seems to be the tightest.
lol
hmmm........
But the one above it that should be deformed isn't- looks like the one to the right of the top section is deformed ?

No doubt those gaps vary a lot- if you need to use it now, choose the tighter gaps, use zip tie to secure it in the loose areas if you have to use those positions (sometimes its your only option).
I would agree you have issues with the stitching, but make sure you are connecting vertical proportionally to avoid angle pulling on those clips.

I've had this happen to me a couple of times. The main issues are:

- The biggest one is how tight the fabric is against the webbing. For example, the padding in the duplex waist belt helps keep the webbing tight and not puckered like in the previous pictures. A 500d empty bag is very loose, especially when compressed so there's more opportunity to fail. If you have a filled pack, then that puts more pressure against the connection, which is more secure.

- Webbing column spacing. Some tabs on the packs are 1.5 inches wide (standard PALS), and others are 1 inch wide. The 1 inch wide make it harder for the pouch to pull out.

One of many solutions to fix this is using velcro one-wrap to secure the tri-glides together.

Last edited:

Tsnider

WKR
for someone who hasnt had an issue, but is afraid it could happen. you could put a zip tie or paracord between the top two clips and tie them together before attaching the lower clips to the webbing.

Randle

WKR
Well mine was in day pack mode . Very loose pack. So I tried to repack so the material was tight under the pocket, but it still happened I did find that some loops were wider then others.
The pocket slider would go thru with little to no effort. And it would come out the same way.

Well mine was in day pack mode . Very loose pack. So I tried to repack so the material was tight under the pocket, but it still happened I did find that some loops were wider then others.
The pocket slider would go thru with little to no effort. And it would come out the same way.

Thanks for the update. I’m gonna check my pack. Most of my experience has been the opposite. Very hard to get the pockets on. Tight fit. I guess that is a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattB

WKR
Zip ties would solve the problem with virtually no weight. You shouldn't have to, but on the flip side mostly everyone else doesn't have to.

OP
skaldugwas
I will contact kifaru tomorrow when i get home. If they don't have any bright ideas I will probably go the zip tie route even if it is bs.

OP
skaldugwas
Talked to the folks at kifaru today. I gotta say I have beaten puppy syndrome when it comes to anything customer service related, but kifaru lived up to their reputation and after a couple emails and phone calls everything was figured out. Two of my belt pouches had older webbing material connecting the 3 bar sliders. This material is a quarter inch narrower than the current stuff, which allowed for enough play for the sliders to work their way out of the webbing.
For the gun bearer it looks like the loops on my waist belt were a full 1/4" too big.

Talked to the folks at kifaru today. I gotta say I have beaten puppy syndrome when it comes to anything customer service related, but kifaru lived up to their reputation and after a couple emails and phone calls everything was figured out. Two of my belt pouches had older webbing material connecting the 3 bar sliders. This material is a quarter inch narrower than the current stuff, which allowed for enough play for the sliders to work their way out of the webbing.
For the gun bearer it looks like the loops on my waist belt were a full 1/4" too big.

Are they sending you a new belt?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OK. I have not read every post, so no flame wars folks, but I will ask the obvious question...Have you contacted Kifaru about the problem? Their CS, in my experience, has always been good and they stand behind their products. If you are doing something incorrect or less than optimally they will let you know and help you to resolve it.

Larry

OK. I have not read every post, so no flame wars folks, but I will ask the obvious question...Have you contacted Kifaru about the problem? Their CS, in my experience, has always been good and they stand behind their products. If you are doing something incorrect or less than optimally they will let you know and help you to resolve it.

Larry

Sounds like the problem has been solved but you can't post common sense stuff like this for some. If you do you'll be called out as a fan boy because you stated the fact of what should have been in the done first place.

OP- I'm glad there is a solution to your problem. Kifaru has amazing CS and they will help or fix whatever they can from my experience.

Last edited:

xziang

WKR
for someone who hasnt had an issue, but is afraid it could happen. you could put a zip tie or paracord between the top two clips and tie them together before attaching the lower clips to the webbing.

This is exactly what I did with a 'medium' pouch I put on my 'standard lid' I was just paranoid that it could come off and I wouldn't see/notice it so I safety wired one of the ends to the attaching points with paracord. Just added insurance for me. The lid is a bit different though from the waist belt.