Seek Outside vs Exo Mountain Gear

texag10

WKR
That's odd. I have the old style belt on my SO with single 1.5" buckle, forward pulls, and no lumbar pad and it will stay solid even with 80+ lbs in the pack.

OP
rockmail2

rockmail2

WKR
I recently purchased a SO frame, precipice, talon and some accessories from a fellow Rokslide member and the frame is the most recent gen before they went to four belt pulls with no mechanical advantage. Now it obviously has a lot to with an individual's back and body as far as how the belt performs but I have to say I have loaded my pack up to 85lbs and had zero slip...in fact, I noticed that I don't have to crank the belt super tight like I have with other packs. I can provide more details if asked but for now I have to say that the SO pack is my favorite...and I have tried Kifaru and Exo...but I do think all of these are quality bags/frames. Just reiterates that a serious buyer needs to try all of the packs out before making a final decision.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hell, it might just be that I'm getting soft and my once large ass has diminished with too much time away from the squat rack allowing belts to slide over it easier..

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Kevin from SO here

Here is my opinion. If you have to crank on the belt for slippage your fit isn't as good as it can be. Shoot us an email to our info account , maybe with a couple pics and lets get the fit dialed.

Myself this year, never had slippage. I can use a 24 frame on a 20 torso and still have shoulder lift with heavy loads

Edit: Adding forward pull is super simple if desired, but not needed if your fit is dialed IMO. Really, a biner on the pals works as forward pull and works well . Even a little biner . New belts ship with an optional quad buckle that the user can replace in place of the dual buckles. The quad acts as a single buckle.

Thanks

Last edited:
OP
rockmail2

rockmail2

WKR
Hell, it might just be that I'm getting soft and my once large ass has diminished with too much time away from the squat rack allowing belts to slide over it easier..
LMAO!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

texag10

WKR

Ha! I've always been skinny but genetics and now the barbell have made sure I'll never be diagnosed with noassatall disease.

Kevin from SO here

Here is my opinion. If you have to crank on the belt for slippage your fit isn't as good as it can be. Shoot us an email to our info account , maybe with a couple pics and lets get the fit dialed.

Myself this year, never had slippage. I can use a 24 frame on a 20 torso and still have shoulder lift with heavy loads

Edit: Adding forward pull is super simple if desired, but not needed if your fit is dialed IMO. Really, a biner on the pals works as forward pull and works well . Even a little biner . New belts ship with an optional quad buckle that the user can replace in place of the dual buckles. The quad acts as a single buckle.

Thanks

Thanks for the response Kevin. I watched your fitting video and thought I had things pretty good but I'll reach out to you guys when I get back to where I left my pack in a week or two and see if I can't improve the fit.