Getting blood off of a backpack?

What are some of your preferred methods? I’ve got a horn hunter mainbeam XL that’s got a lot of antelope blood at the bottom on the inside and on the outside. It doesn’t come apart as far as I know. I messaged horn hunter for their input but no response yet.

Shout? Soak it in the tub with water and soap for a few hours? I sprayed shout on it and let soak for about 10 mins then started scrubbing with a sponge and water which got a lot out but it’s still there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stid2677

WKR
Oxi clean in COLD water in a tub,, long soak rinse and hang dry. Hot water will set the stain,, so cold water only.

WKR
1:10 peroxide and cold water. Obviously try in an inconspicuous spot first but this is how I get blood stains off uniforms and gear.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

We dump bottles of peroxide on our bags and duty gear to get the blood out. Let it soak a bit to hemolyze the blood, agitate, rinse with copious amounts of water. Repeat as needed until the peroxide can’t find any blood to bubble up on.

Obviously this is used on ems & firefighting duty gear and not expensive hunting gear but should work the same way regardless.

JLH208

WKR
I have never worried too much about the look of blood stains on my gear so my method may not be best for you. I am more concerned with smell, so I took a bath tub full of scent killing (dead down wind brand maybe) laundry detergent and cold water and agitated by hand and rinsed with a hose outside several times. It worked well on my mystery ranch pack and FHF Bino harness.
ef7e626a44d4fe6c1ef36c37c66e375e.jpg

The webbing on pack and Bino harness is only thing slightly off color still but the rest is like new, as well as the clothes pictured here

- Jesse

Owenst7

WKR
I use Borax on my game bags. Works great, even for dried up stains. Can't see any discoloration when they come out. I'm sure it would work similar for a backpack if you scrubbed it in with a toothbrush or something.

Same here as others have said . I prefer to let peroxide soak in on the heavy soaked areas first for 20-30 minutes and then hit it with oxi Clean and a scrub brush with a garden hose rinse and hang dry . Works great.

As has been said... I had a very bloody pack and didn't think it would get clean. Hydrogen peroxide soak on bloody spots for half hour... Hosed it off... Soaked it in tub with cold water and laundry detergent for 4 hours. Rinsed and hung it outside for the day. Not a single stain.
Before and after
35b887dcd436e6364ad6eff50248bc8d.jpg

1202b18c369503a360d9620fae42d9df.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

lonedave

WKR
Hey Riley, straight hydrogen peroxide on the bloody spots, or mixed with water before soaking/hosing off and the cold water/detergent soak? I got a Kuiu Ultra pack bloody on Sunday and need to get it cleaned up.

We use straight peroxide. It hemolyzes the blood so it rinses away quickly. Never tried diluting it before dumping it on the bloody spots.

Hey Riley, straight hydrogen peroxide on the bloody spots, or mixed with water before soaking/hosing off and the cold water/detergent soak? I got a Kuiu Ultra pack bloody on Sunday and need to get it cleaned up.
This is what I used - 3%, not mixed with water, just sprayed on.
9b071d21fe706ba78ad342b793b1c5e6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jpolson

Lil-Rokslider
I have never worried too much about the look of blood stains on my gear so my method may not be best for you. I am more concerned with smell, so I took a bath tub full of scent killing (dead down wind brand maybe) laundry detergent and cold water and agitated by hand and rinsed with a hose outside several times. It worked well on my mystery ranch pack and FHF Bino harness.
ef7e626a44d4fe6c1ef36c37c66e375e.jpg

The webbing on pack and Bino harness is only thing slightly off color still but the rest is like new, as well as the clothes pictured here

- Jesse
Were you sitting inside of an elk?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JLH208

WKR
Were you sitting inside of an elk?

af8e942ad3d603da2040c3ae1b4bb0de.jpg

Carried my first bear out (mainly because I was excited) and my brother failed to mention just how much blood was running down my back. The closer I got to the pickup I figured it out when I could feel it soak in haha lesson learned. Shot this bear with a 4 blade WacEm and it left 2 nice drain holes.
d0661d620cdf22b3a6aca4c9f582bc9c.jpg

- Jesse

boom

WKR
^^ that is very awesome!!

i feel the same way about that ubiquitious dead turkey carry where people throw the bird over a shoulder..makes a way better picture, but it coats me with blood. :)

the first time, i looked like that but with a must less dramatic turkey kill..rook move. my friend didnt tell me either.

jpolson

Lil-Rokslider
5 antelope, a deer and 2 elk stuffed in my pack this year. Bottom half was soaked in blood. Stuffed it in my front loading washer with a healthy dose of "Tide Free and Clear" powder. Came out clean and stink free.