China knock offs?

a mountain rambler for 17.93??? from china on ebay. does anyone believe this would be a true kifaru? i hope that crap doesn't start with kifaru knockoffs.

Dobermann

WKR
Aron mentioned on a recent podcast that they had actually seen physical China knock-offs of Kifaru packs ... we all might need to exercise some more care around secondhand purchases for a bit ...

Huntnfmly

Lil-Rokslider
Did Aaron say how you can tell real kifaru packs from the knockoffs?

micus

Lil-Rokslider
The Chinese stitching will probably be straighter and cleaner looking.
Wow, I actually laughed out loud.

This thread made me wonder. I have a solid amount of Kifaru gear at this stage of the game, but went and looked at my Reckoning and guide lid, they both say "HONG" inside them, I assume there is a worker at Kifaru named HONG... I hope.

lol.

Dusty2426

WKR
I went to kifaru and picked my frame and reckoning so I’m pretty sure mines genuine unless they have an inside smuggler ring

Zbot

WKR
Hey Aron!

Do a podcast on these knockoffs and how to spot them...please :) Something other than buy direct from us.

JP100

WKR
Wow, I actually laughed out loud.

This thread made me wonder. I have a solid amount of Kifaru gear at this stage of the game, but went and looked at my Reckoning and guide lid, they both say "HONG" inside them, I assume there is a worker at Kifaru named HONG... I hope.

lol.

all my gear is made by HONG, he must be busy! haha

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
all my gear is made by HONG, he must be busy! haha

My too! Had to ask Aron about it. They are a family that works for Kifaru. It’s not just one guy locked in Kifaru’s basement. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahahaha. I love it. The Hong family is sewing up all those ALL AMERICAN kifaru packs that everyone raves about being American made etc. I guess I don’t really care as much where the Asians sewing my backpacks live. It doesn’t bother me if they are in there homelands rather than mine.

As far as knockoffs though- there’s a zhangminghua or something like that who has tried buying a lot of Backpack stuff off these classifieds lately. He has a .123 email address which is the Chinese scammer/ hacker email host. The guy tried to buy a crew cab from me and I blew him off once I got a feel for things. No post history here but he tells me he has like a million positive feedbacks as zhangtogo on eBay.... they buy used items like Gibson guitars, leupold and zeiss scopes, kifaru packs etc- send them home to be knocked off and sell the crap out of them on eBay and Ali express etc.
It’s not just who you buy from- it’s who you sell to also.
I hate bootleg shize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: