Need an Ultra Lite daypack

Akicita

WKR
My "Trad" pack for day climbs, ski mountaineering and ice climbing is the Mammut Trion 28+7. I give it my full endorsement as a very capable pack. You can find them for around $120.00 - About 1700 cubic inches and 2.5 lbs. Most comfortable lightweight pack I own.

Last edited:
OP
CoHiCntry

CoHiCntry

WKR
Thanks for all the recommendations. I've been looking into all of them. Seems there's no shortage of options for a sub 2lb daypack. Some are just a top loading bag with no other pockets, or maybe just one small pocket. I think I wanna find something with some organization options. The more gear loops straps & bungies the better. Some packs are lacking in this area. I want the option of carrying stuff on the outside. I'm still looking so appreciate more recommendations and opinions on different options. Thanks...

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
the Talon 22 should fit the bill pretty well- it has a dedicated bladder slot, two nice sized zipped pockets on the waist belt, two small pockets on the shoulder strap, a top exterior zipped pocket, an interior zipped pocket, two side stretch pockets, a large (very handy) shove it pocket- and still pretty light weight :)

it's a nice pack :)

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
the Talon 22 should fit the bill pretty well- it has a dedicated bladder slot, two nice sized zipped pockets on the waist belt, two small pockets on the shoulder strap, a top exterior zipped pocket, an interior zipped pocket, two side stretch pockets, a large (very handy) shove it pocket- and still pretty light weight :)

Now I want one as it has everything I wish my scrambler had.

OP
CoHiCntry

CoHiCntry

WKR

This pack has made the short list for sure. Seems to have all the options wrapped into one and has the most crossover for different activities and no weight penalty. It's mentioned on most Google searches for ultralight daypacks, is highly touted & a top choice in all the reviews/ comparison tests.

boom

WKR
when i hear ultralight..i think Z-packs. i've seen sandwich bags weigh more.

OP
CoHiCntry

CoHiCntry

WKR
when i hear ultralight..i think Z-packs. i've seen sandwich bags weigh more.

Yeah your right... I should have titled it "need a light daypack". I had no idea some of these packs were so light! I tend to buy things and use them for a long time so was totally out of the loop on how ultralight has advanced over the last few years. That being said... I'm waiting a couple day's until REI starts their 20% off sale and am getting an Osprey Talon 22. Thanks to everyone for your recommendations and opinions!