Need a good pack for my large frame

wtrfwlnut

FNG
Well, I got an email back from EXO Mountain Gear that they don't have a pack to fit my body size/style so I'm looking for a good lightweight alternative.

I'm 6'6" and around 300lbs - I wear about a 42-44" waist in most pants and about a 2XLTall to 3XLTall in most shirts depending on the mfg...I get that I need to work on being a more in-shape elite hunter (that seems to be more apropos these days) but I get along pretty good hiking believe it or not.

That said, can anyone recommend a pack that would be a good fit for my size that would be lightweight and a good meat hauler also? I was looking at the Exo K2 3500 as a reference so if anyone knows of something

Thanks in advance for any advice

Chris

ChrisF

FNG
I'd recommend the Seek Outside Revolution frame. I'm built the same as you are and it fits me well. You might want to give them a call.

muddydogs

WKR
I'm 6'10", 300 pounds , 42-44" waist and wear 3xl tall shirts. The Mystery Ranch Guide Light frame fits me great and there 40+ waist belt fits just right. When I ordered I had to call MR and order the XL 40+ waist belt for $25 separate from the pack, actually I ordered the pack from Blackovis then just picked up the XL belt from MR.

Last outdoor show I went to I tried Kuiu, Kifaru, and a couple others but for the big guy they just don't even compare to the MR packs.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Well, I got an email back from EXO Mountain Gear that they don't have a pack to fit my body size/style so I'm looking for a good lightweight alternative.

I'm 6'6" and around 300lbs - I wear about a 42-44" waist in most pants and about a 2XLTall to 3XLTall in most shirts depending on the mfg...I get that I need to work on being a more in-shape elite hunter (that seems to be more apropos these days) but I get along pretty good hiking believe it or not.

That said, can anyone recommend a pack that would be a good fit for my size that would be lightweight and a good meat hauler also? I was looking at the Exo K2 3500 as a reference so if anyone knows of something

Thanks in advance for any advice

Chris

Hi Chris, I just sent you a PM. I have a Custom made Kifaru for a large guy that I know will fit you great. Hit me up if you want to chat.

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/rokslide-classifieds/81016-brand-kifaru-duplex-nomad-camp-bag.html

James

OP
W

wtrfwlnut

FNG
Thanks a lot guys, these look like some great options and James, I will respond to your PM right away. Sorry for the delay in checking back in, been traveling for work and in the weeds a bit.

Muddydogs, it sounds like you and I could swap clothes...You probably have to duck for doorways! Good to know there are other guys my size out there hunting.

Cheers all and thanks again!

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Thanks a lot guys, these look like some great options and James, I will respond to your PM right away. Sorry for the delay in checking back in, been traveling for work and in the weeds a bit.

Muddydogs, it sounds like you and I could swap clothes...You probably have to duck for doorways! Good to know there are other guys my size out there hunting.

Cheers all and thanks again!

Sorry Mate Pack Sold.

Kifaru sells a 28" frame if you give them a call and will also make a bigger belt. If you have a big gut Aron has told me that the omni belt packs (internal frame) will fit really big guys better after we were discussing how I couldn't get my 26" correctly adjusted for my dad. I am a similar size as you I think you'll be fine with the duplex assuming you don't have too big of a gut. I have both a 26" and a 28" and the 28 is much more comfortable over 100lbs.

Kifaru sells a 28" frame if you give them a call and will also make a bigger belt. If you have a big gut Aron has told me that the omni belt packs (internal frame) will fit really big guys better after we were discussing how I couldn't get my 26" correctly adjusted for my dad. I am a similar size as you I think you'll be fine with the duplex assuming you don't have too big of a gut. I have both a 26" and a 28" and the 28 is much more comfortable over 100lbs.

What he said. PM sent

I'd recommend the Seek Outside Revolution frame. I'm built the same as you are and it fits me well. You might want to give them a call.

I am 6'5 and sadly nearer to 250 lbs now. I have this setup and it fits really well. I did get the frame extensions so the load lifters are high enough to be effective.