Kifaru Nomad

sneek-ee

WKR
How do you carry your spotter and tripod with the nomad or nomad 2? Does someone have pictures?
I'm Not meaning inside the zippered part, I want to know and see how someone packs their spotter and tripod with a full nomad bag or a load in between the wings?
Trying to wrap my head around it if it would work like I want. I need to visually see it somewhere.,maybe there's a video out there I haven't found or some,photos I haven't seen of what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

fatrascal

WKR
I cut a Eberlestock rifle scabbard in half and attached it between the wings and keep the spotter attached to the tripod and stick the tripod down into the scabbard. I've got pictures but don't know how to attach. Fatrascal.

The sleeves on the original Nomad (unzippered) are where I put my spotter/tripod most of the time. The small bungee corded pockets will also work, and I use them to hold my 15x binos when leaving the spotter behind. I’ve also kept the spotter/tripod attached and closed the wings around it so the spotter sits on top of the closed wings and it works well for short hops between glassing points.

You could even slide it between a compression strap and the bag but I like it protected better from falls than that. Lots of options with a Nomad!

oldgoat

WKR
You can sandwich stuff between the lid and top of the pack, especially with the longhunter lid that they no longer sell but can occasionally be found in the classifieds. The longhunter lid works better with the Nomad than the guide lid in my opinion, at least it does with the Nomad I. It kind of cups the top of the pack where the guide lid doesn't.

OP
S

sneek-ee

WKR
Thanks for the replies! Problem is, what I'm looking for is different.
Where do you put your spotter and tripod with a full load of meat in between the wings,,if your wings are full of clothes, food, gear etc.
I'm not worried about day trips without a load, I'm wondering about with a full load. Then where or how can you carry the tripod and spotter. I don't think there's a good way. But I'm curious

fatrascal

WKR
I have pictures and used to use photobucket.com but photobucket.com is not as easy to use as it used to be. So I downloaded imgur today and it's kicking my butt. If you do a search on this forum you should be able to find pictures. Or go to Facebook and go to kifaru insiders and ask your question. Much easier to post photos on Facebook. Fatrascal.