Day Pack Delima

Mrcrosno

FNG
I am looking for a dual use day pack that I can use around town, on a trail or as a carry on with normal shoulder straps, I would prefer not to have a big waist belt for this use. I would also like to use this pack to day hunt.

I normally whitetail hunt out of a tree stand but I would also like to have the ability to attach it to a good frame for a hunting day pack and carry an elk quarter between the frame and full pack for our yearly trip to Colorado.

I have been researching packs for awhile now and can’t decide on which one would work the best, I like the looks of the Kifaru 14’er but don’t know if it can attach to their hunting frame since it comes with sholder straps and a waist belt.

The Exo K2000 I think would work well but I don’t care for the big waist belt for EDC around town.

Also looking at the Mystery Ranch Pinter but it Is similar to the the K2000.

The Stone Glacier Avail 2200 again is the same as the Exo and the Mystery Ranch.

Would the Kuiu Icon Pro 1850 with the full kit be the best fit?

If y’all could help point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I might be wrong but I think the avail can be used with just the shoulder straps and no waist belt.

wesfromky

WKR
Kifary Quandary? Think you would still need to add a cargo net/panel to pack out meat. I think the smaller HPG packs can also be attached to a frame, so maybe something else to look at.

OP
M

Mrcrosno

FNG
For day hunting, does the Quandry attach to their hunting frame?

btg108

FNG
Avail runs fine without belt. Only complaint is that there isn’t any good way to run water bottles. The MR is way better in that regard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wesfromky

WKR
For day hunting, does the Quandry attach to their hunting frame?

I believe so. Works like a lid, so you can attach it to one of the bigger bags as well.

I know it is cool to have just one pack, but to me, it might be better to get a solid edc/day pack like the antero, and then a frame with a cargo panel and some pockets or one of the super minimal baga, or even a lid/native.