Tenzing Customer Service....

JP7

Lil-Rokslider
Tenzing treated me pretty well. I tore the stitching on where the adjustable part of the waist belt attaches to the padded part and I sent in the pack and they sent another. Tore that ones stitching in the same spot and talked to them and they sent me a replacement belt. It's been a few years tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sssooo here we go...

A few years back I was heavy into Waterfowl hunting and was proudly on Zink's promotional staff. Then year before last Fred sold to Plano which owns Tenzing.

They merged the staffs together so we got roped into promoting all the Plano brands.

So I ordered a Tenzing 6000. It was a decent pack, until I tried packing my bear out. It just wasn't meant to handle the weight. The pack itself held out well, but it was definitely a suck fest. Just not meant for user comfort with 100# load.

Then last year I thought well Cameron Hanes carries boulders with his CF13, so I'll upgrade to that. Keep in mind the retail of this pack is close to a new Kifaru or Stone Glacier, like $800

So I get it and start training with it in the gym. One day I throw an 85# dumbell on her. When I finished my treadmill workout I noticed the load felt like it had shifted. Upon further investigation the straps that attach the frame to the shoulder harness had been cut by the frame!!! And they say the pack can handle the stress of 300#!

So I figured, that sucks I'll make a call and get a new pack within a week, after all I was on their promotional staff...

It took me three phone calls, a few emails, filling out a form I had to print off to get a replacement pack. And I didn't even see the replacement for three weeks!!!

I sent my staff manager my resignation and called Kifaru, where Frank answered the phone on the first ring and set me up.

If a company can't even take care of someone who is supposed to promote for them, I'd hate to see how they treat their regular customers. Their smaller day packs are pretty good, especially if you're needing a whitetail/treestand hunting pack. But I'd seriously look at something different for western hunting/backpack hunting.

It's pretty tough to beat Kifaru's service though. I'm just a below average guy and Aron has helped me out a few times after hours on his personal phone. Cory and Frank have texted me a few times to answer some questions after hours. Frank and Aron actually delivered new belts to my buddies here in Montana and helped them fit their packs! That's service! That's why I don't mind selling my favorite shotgun to buy their products. Or living on store brand romen noodles for a couple pay halves lol! The railroad doesn't pay me a huge amount, so it's nice to know that when I do buy something, it will last and the company will stand behind it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk