EXO weapon carrier hack

wabowman

Lil-Rokslider
I was a bit perplexed when I was putting my weapon carrier on my pack in the center back position.
I didn't like the fact that when I used it I lost the ability to cinch the bottom of the pack down or use the bottom straps to hold my glassing butt pad.
I wondered why they didn't just have an attachment point on the loops(meant for treking poles which I have never seen anyone use)at the back of the pack and why there were loops on the carrier.
I went to work looking for some buckles to go on those loops without success. The only thing I could find is a set of complete buckles. I decided to take my Dremel to them to slide them over the loops.

I have used it in this configuration threw this falls bow, muzzy and rifle seasons with no issues. Everything rides in a great position high on the pack.
I hope this helps some guys looking for a better way.
cf438ee9d97db47460bd015e9ac8f61d.jpg
e653f02d3d3cf862a3d577968faed921.jpg
871adaeaa35dd78b0f41ba85672fe2f5.jpg
3d3be3017083f3f84ae415aeab34d379.jpg
d9a6b3827f7152b65daf2a62fac5c42c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
wabowman

wabowman

Lil-Rokslider
That is awesome. I am going to do the same but where did you find the 3/4" buckles. All I can find are 1"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I found them at a local sporting goods store. You may have to try craft or fabric stores. They may be 5/8 also.

Bones

WKR
I used the same loops on my Exo to hook on the Kuiu Bow Holder and Rifle holder. The buckles they use open and lock shut so it works perfect to hook on the loops. Their packs also use smaller webbing and buckles than Kifaru(1") so they work well and allow adjustability of the angle and height of the holder.

Just another option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twall13

WKR
Great idea, I'd pass it along to Steve at Exo as I agree with you. I've never seen anyone use the trekking pole holders and this is a way better use for them.

OP
wabowman

wabowman

Lil-Rokslider
Great idea, I'd pass it along to Steve at Exo as I agree with you. I've never seen anyone use the trekking pole holders and this is a way better use for them.
I did talk to him about it prior to season. It would also be easy to add a loop on the side for side carrying.

colersu22

WKR
That is pretty slick. When I had an EXO bag mounted on my Kifaru frame I used those loops to attach a medium Kifaru roll top pod and it worked great. I have been looking for another roll top pod for my buddy so he can attach it the same way on his EXO 3500.