Kuiu 7200

So I’m leaning towards the kuiu 7200. I am planning a couple 7-10 day hunts next year and love the organization that kuiu offers. I don’t plan on loading over 80# ever as I would rather make extra trips than load my self down. Any one out here have this pack can you give me your thoughts on it? I am a big fan of its light weight. Hi would this perform as a daily hunter( I pack a lot even on day hunts)?I currently have a Dana design astraplane 7400ci that is great but it is a little heavy at 7.5lbs.

I have one that I like. It's my first higher end pack so I don't have much to compare it to though. I havent had any trouble with it.

My one gripe is the way the straps thread through the stays in the frame. It can be tricky to get them back correctly if you remove the bag.

I've never used or needed the lid. However, my one buddy basically only uses the lid. Go figure. I have another friend who also likes his.

It cinches down small enough that I use it for day hunting all the time. I've dropped a number of turkeys in it and several deer or elk. Friday I packed out a large cow elk with bone-in quarters in two trips solo. It was heavy but not really uncomfortable. I'm not sure how much better another brand would feel.

I believe it is worth the money. Especially if you buy it on sale.

I did a training hike this summer with a couple sandbags. On the way home I stopped by my gym to grab some shoes that I forgot so I checked the weight on their scale. It was 95lb without my water that I carried up. No problems with straps or the frame.

There's a lot of negative sentiment around here regarding kuiu. I must have came to the western hunting game after they pissed off a bunch of people but it's worked for me and it was what I could afford when I purchased it.

The pivoting hip belt can feel strange under load sometimes, one thing that detracts from it's functionality.

OP
T
Yea I’ve noticed the anti kuiu vibe I love their clothing. I am. Huge fan of organizing, so the multi compartment design is in my wheel house. I like the mystery ranch Bob Marshall but I have basically the same pack in Dana Design arc flex astraplane only difference is I can’t load behind the pack it is internal framed. My main question was people thoughts on quality and functionality minus if you talk out the hauling of extreme heavy loads. I have had 2 back surgeries I am willing to add miles before adding weight. What’s kuiu warranty and backing on their packs?

Jcberg

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had Kifaru, Kuiu, Badlands, and Stone Glacier. The Kuiu Icon Pro is my favorite. Lots of bashers here and that’s fine but lots of companies make good packs. My buddy has an Exo that’s awesome also. I would say it’s a tie with the Kuiu. We have switched packs during hunts and they are both great.

fatrascal

WKR
I've use to have a Kuiu 7200 and it fit my back just fine and I have no complaints. But if it does not fit the shape of your back then you are stuck with it until you can change over to a new pack. Some of the other packs have options to adjust to the shape of your back. Fatrascal.

I own the Icon pro 7200 , it's an amazing pack . Fits like a glove and always plenty of space for anything needed on a 1-2 week Hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk