Kifaru Pointman Opinions

tracker12

WKR
Have an opportunity to pick you a Kifaru Pointman for a very good price. Was wondering if anyone has had or used one and could give me a review. Guy used it while deployed to the desert and said it was a solid pack and could cary more weight than you wanted.

I’ve got one and use it for coyote hunting. It has a top zip that opens and allows me to put my AR in the water bladder sleeve and walk hands free in the dark or climb in and out of stands. I usually run it belt less as well. You can definitely carry a good amount of weight in them and due to the molle webbing all over you’ll easily be able to get carried away with pockets.

Good ol' Kifaru pack right there, especially if it's a G2 version. I recommend a lightweight PALS pocket for the lid, something like the Blue force gear large utility pouch.

It will definitely carry a lot of weight like any other Kifaru.

OP
tracker12

tracker12

WKR
I picked up the pack. Came with two side pockets and is in great shape. Looks like a keeper to me but only time will tell. How do I tell if it is Get I or II.

kcm2

WKR
My hunting partner still uses the one I bought him 15 years ago for his 40th birthday. He calls it the only thing he has ever owned that is the absolute best of its kind. You can put a quarter of an elk on it, bone in, as we did 2 weeks ago, no problem. Or a whole quartered deer in it. You'll be glad you bought it.

OP
tracker12

tracker12

WKR
Pics of he new Pac.

Attachments

• IMG_1317.jpg
    IMG_1317.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1319.jpg
    IMG_1319.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 112
Yeah that's an old Kifaru pack. It's the 'military division' labeled ones, probably 10 years old!

OP
tracker12

tracker12

WKR
Thanks. I noticed the Military Division marked on the tag. Pretty glad to have the pack. The belt adjusted ver well and should do exactly what I want.

jdcpe17

FNG
anyone have any of the kifaru pointman packs they want to sell?? im looking for one, especially in coyote brown. thanks!