havalon blades

Boudreaux

Lil-Rokslider
Pack them out! I use the Gerber vital replacement blade kit, it has a dispenser for new blades as well "sharps container" just a slot to drop the used blades in. Pack them out guys, it pointless to leave them out there.

Thanks,
Boswell

Pro953

WKR
Looking at a replaceable blade knife to add to the kit this year. Figure it's a good place to ask. Anyone here have a preference for outdoor edge vs the Havalon of vice verse. Any other go to brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twall13

WKR
Looking at a replaceable blade knife to add to the kit this year. Figure it's a good place to ask. Anyone here have a preference for outdoor edge vs the Havalon of vice verse. Any other go to brands.

I had a havalon and switched to the Tyto this year. I had considered the Gerber vital (non folding version) as I think the blades are easier to change but I love the Tyto. It's easier to clean, lighter weight, and feels better in my hand than the havalon. I also think the blades are slightly easier/safer to change on the Tyto as I can apply sideways pressure from the top to release the blade rather than the sharp edge like on the havalon. The Gerber vital is probably the easiest to change blades on but overall I like the Tyto better.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Pro953

WKR
Interesting. Had not heard of the Tyto. I like the look and the weight. Might as well give that a shot.

My Havalon collects dust since getting an OE.

jm1607

WKR
I'm resurrecting an old thread here but I feel it's relevant and maybe more so now than when it was first started several years ago as more and more people are using disposable blade knives. What is everyone doing with their used blades? I don't like the idea of leaving them out in the woods, even buried, so I've been experimenting with options. I didn't like bringing them home, loose, in the old wrappers. I just started using an old Nuun tablet bottle to carry the blades in and I think I like it so far. It should protect both the new blades, and everything else from the used blades. The empty bottle & lid weigh less than half an oz. What else are you guys doing with your old blades?

Awesome idea!! Think I'm going to do the same..

Hope to find out this year what to do with the used ones...lol. Actually have done 1 deer with the current blade, still sharp as h#ll. I don't see why you don't put it back in the foil and slide it in the back of the case. I'll just pull it out and put in a sharps container at work. Maybe most of you guys don't pack the case???