Exo waist belt

WYO_ATL

Lil-Rokslider
I am in the market for a high end pack and exo is at the top of my list. I have heard a few complaints from guys I know that the waist belts are garbage. One guy replaced his with a Kuiu and two other guys sold theirs after one season of use. I have a similar body type as these guys, so I am a bit worried about the waist belt. Has anybody else had issues. Please, be brutally honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunter6

WKR
I have the older model belt from the 2015 line.
I have packed a bear, 2 elk and a deer with my pack. Not to mention walked many miles with camp on my back.

I have nothing but good things to say about the exo. To be honest this is my first high end pack so I can’t compare it to others. That said I don’t see me getting a new one any time soon.
Just make sure you get the right size belt and you should be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElkNut1

WKR
I'll be happy to be honest! It's the best damn hunting pack I've ever used! My Son & I have owned all 3 Models of the 3500 Exo Packs, we've hauled several muleys & a dozen elk out with them. We've had no issues with the belt or anything else with pack, it's top notch in my book! -- It's sorta like guys telling you that you can't bugle bulls anymore so leave your bugle home. (grin) There's always going to be those guys around that are never satisfied no matter what they use. Get the Exo with confidence knowing full well it will suit your needs!

ElkNut/Paul

HeadnWest

WKR
I've never heard anyone have problems with their waist belts. I bought a KUIU sold it after trying to haul a 20 lbs treestand. It was that uncomfortable hauling a little more then 20lbs. Bought a EXO and couldn't be happier. There are several good pack makers out there. EXO, Kifaru, MR, SG. IMOP, Kuiu is not in their league.

jwb300

WKR
I had a kuiu and my biggest issue was the belt. The Exo belts on all 3 generations that I've had have been great - zero issues and easily the most comfortable belt I've ever used.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
No issues with the belt on my end. I've worn several different versions of the Exo packs. I really like the belt design and how it fits.